Today I'll be sharing with you the way to get Android Lollipop on your Moto E. It's been a while since Lollipop update was announced for Moto E but it hasn't come up till now. Since I was eager to try the Lollipop, I flashed CyanogenMod 12 and now I am enjoying the Android Lollipop on my Moto E. So I'll list down the steps to be followed-
Note- This procedure requires you to unlock your bootloader and then you lose your warranty. If you perform any step wrong, chances are there that you may brick your beloved device. Consider yourself warned before proceeding.
Okay, if you have decided to take the risk lets begin-
Custom Recovery(TWRP or CWM)
CyanogenMod(Download and copy to SD card)
1. Turn off your device, and enter into recovery.(After switching off keep the power button and volume down key pressed for about 3 to 4 seconds. Then use volume down button to choose recovery option and then press volume up button to select it. Device will enter into recovery mode.)
2. Make a backup of the current ROM, in case anything bad happens.(As Anything that can go wrong will go wrong :-P)
3. Wipe Dalvik cache, cache and do a factory reset.
4. Select install option and choose the CyanogenMod zip which we had downloaded earlier and copied to the SD card.
5. After the process gets completed, reboot the system.
6. Now the CyanogenMod logo will appear, it'll take a while to load for the first time.
Now enjoy Android Lollipop 5.1 and be the envy of your friends who are still waiting for the Stock ROM update.