Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

Adblock Plus there, Google, Microsoft and Amazon darling pay the toll


Adblock Plus is a German start-ups do one of the world’s most popular free Advertising screen plug-in, currently in Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, and can be used on Android mobile phone, tablet, downloaded 300 million, 50 million active users.According to the financial times, several large companies are now pay agreement with Adblock Plus plug-in, want to make “tolls” in “pass”, the specific amount is unknown.At present, Google, Amazon declined to comment on the matter, Microsoft is sure the cooperation, and claims that will respect the choice of consumer.

The company has its own mechanism of white list, to be filtered website only need to fill out the form online you can apply to join, but review is very strict.Two years ago, according to reports Adblock received 777 applications, the actual passing rate is only 9.5%.Important standard is a web site can not collect, sell Internet users browse information requirements.And it almost is fundamental to the survival of online advertising, so that a light brush down most of the applicants.

On the Adblock at present, 90% of the sites to join white list service is free of charge, from the remaining 10% (mostly large companies) fees would be for the payment of costs and improve the organization expenses incurred in the rules of the white list plan.According to an unnamed digital media company employees say, Adblock price is quite high, there is almost no blocked the AD about a third of the profits.

But because encroached on the interests of the business, large companies still have to do it.Now Google, Bing search advertising and Taboola recommended links, filter automatically skip the ads.Last November, the parent of Adblock Eyeo, said in an online BBS advertising content recommendation engine Taboola should be listed in the white list, it eventually became a reality.For many use Taboola provide recommended an advertising sites such as MailOnline, Business Insider and NBC News is a good thing.But many users say this kind of survival for advertising often have porn site flow, never should be kicked out of the Internet, it has to do with Eyeo intended to make the Internet better.

Four days ago, Facebook user agreement to update, because new users to customize advertising function.This time, Facebook will connect user account to advertisers, but the future could provide the user whether to view ads, or more information on what equipment.Adblock immediately issued on the official blog will help users against Facebook this function.And review some think, many users (proved as much as 40%) are on the mobile end Facebook and some web pages the browser or application, the application the part Adblock powerless, browser and mobile terminal function needs to be improved.


This post first appeared on CloneDVD, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

Adblock Plus there, Google, Microsoft and Amazon darling pay the toll


Subscribe to Clonedvd

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription