“I always share these tips with my clients before the painting of the outside of their home. With a little foresight and planning they can increase the lasting beauty and durability of their new Paint job.”Gary Cymny owner of My Seattle Painter
- Choose light colors for southern house exposure. They reflect the sun’s light better and tend to last longer than darker paint colors.
- Inspect house every spring and touch up immediately any trouble spots where paint has bubbled or peeled.
- Trim shrubs and bushes, ornamental trees regularly: provide 12-18″ open space between garden landscaping and house. Position sprinkler heads to keep water off house.
- Provide for water drainage: avoid water puddling and rain splash back at foundation: install gravel and french drain if needed.
- Keep gutters clean and position down spouts to direct water away from house.
- Pressure house every two years and rinse all painted surfaces with a mildew sanitizing agent.