How to Root and Install TWRP Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge on Android Nougat
Samsung has updated both the Galaxy S6 SM-G920F and S6 Edge SM-G925F to official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware based on TouchWiz UX, a good thing to do is to install TWRP on your phone. As it is the most used recovery on Android phones, it will be a nice addition to the already awesome features of the Nougat update.With each Android update Google tightens the security of the system and with Samsung’s Knox on top, things can get a little hard for the developers working to hack a device and find loopholes to root the phone. Thankfully, it didn’t take them a month to find a working root method for the Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge running the official Android 7.0 Nougat from Samsung.
Preparation Before Begin
1. If you root your phone, it void your phone warranty, and u can’t get it back.
2. Before do all thing , developer Option menu must be unlocked and USB Debugging mode enabled from developer option.
3. Before u doing these steps , you hav to unblock ur bootloader your device.
4. You have to back up your android phone, before doing this. It will erase ur all data, contacts, and apps.
5. Your device must have 60% battery before do all these thing.
6. Follow my all thing step by step. Otherwise your device may brick. Gsmarena24.blogspot.com are not responsible for this.
7. Download USB driver for Your Device.
Files required to Root Galaxy S6/S6Edge on Android Nougat –
Download and Install ADB and fastboot on Windows or ADB drivers for Mac.
Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
Download and install Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers.
TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S6 G920F, G920FD and G920I – Download
TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S6 Edge G925F, G925FD and G925I – Download
Download the Magisk-v11.1.zip file (From XDA thread) and copy it on your phone’s internal storage.
Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge on Android 7.0 Nougat
1) First of all enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlocking’ from setting>developer option>.
2)Now Download all files from above.
3) Now Open Odin Software.
4) Connect your phone to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
5)Turn off your Galaxy S6/S6 Edge. Hold the Power + Volume Down + Home keys together to boot the device into download mode. Press the Volume up key when the device boots.
6) Now you can see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.
7) If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.
9) Now locate and add the twrp-3.x.x.tar file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
10) Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
11) Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen. This step will install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S6/S6 Edge.
12) Now boot your device into the recovery mode by pressing and holding ‘Home + Volume Down + Power‘ buttons for few seconds.
13) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select Magisk-v11.1.zip.
14) Now swipe to Flash the above file and reboot your device.
15) Install Magisk Manager from the Google Play store and launch the app.
16) Now Install/Upgrade Magisk as and if prompted and reboot.
Stuck with anything? Reach us out through the comment box below.