Apple’s iPhone line up took a leap forward this year, adding new hardware capabilities such as wireless charging and, in the case of the iPhone X, a high-res OLED screen. At the same time, iOS 11 introduced new refinements to Apple’s phones.
In this post, I will be busting a few myths about iOS so that you can make a better choice.
- iOS has immunity to malware: There are plenty of viruses and malware for iOS just a lot less than Android. Malware developers prefer to target android based handsets because they are a lot more of them, Android still holds over 90% of the market and these morally bankrupt individuals want to affect as many users as possible but that doesn’t mean iOS users should become complacent. Always be vigilant when downloading stuff from unrecognized sources.
- iOS has become customizable like Android: Android is always known for its customizability, but a lot of loyal Apple customers think that the recent updates have made iOS as customizable as Android which is an open operating system. People who are assuming this to happen are completely mistaken as iOS is a “walled garden” that still leaves maximum control in Apple’s hands. We change the look of the interface on android but this cannot be done on an iOS device, one cannot make all the changes on iOS that can be done on Android. But we cannot forget the jailbreak option in iPhone to customize it the way we want but this comes with a cost of not being able to download the updates and security patches without reverting to its original state. I would strongly recommend not to jailbreak your iPhone.
- Considering the apps, best of the lot are found in iOS: As for the myth that all of the good apps go to iOS first, this isn’t as true as Apple fans would like to believe. It’s true that there are lots of developers who release new apps on iOS first. The iOS App Store is also a better place than the Google Play Store for paid apps or apps with in-app purchases. But any developer who wants wide distribution will publish on both iOS and Android.
- iOS always lose to Android regarding the specs of the handset: When you’re comparing smartphones, it is obvious that one will get caught up in how the technical specifications stack up against each other. If you’re comparing a high-end Android smartphone against one of Apple’s iPhones, there are likely at least a few areas where the Android phone seems to be obviously better. But there’s more to a phone than its specifications. When you compare the camera of different smartphone then the criteria is not only the megapixels but also many other factors like aperture, exposure etc. , the truth that will surface again and again if you read experts’ reviews of the phones you’re trying to compare.
- Battery and memory have to be manually managed: We generally think that the apps which we close but do not terminate keeps running in the background and uses up space and battery but most iOS apps can’t run like they normally do in the background. When an app is closed, the app’s state is saved and the app stops running so it doesn’t consume the battery power but stays in the memory. When we consider iOS, the active app needs much more memory so it starts purging the background apps to free up space. This is automatically done by the iOS. Though the built-in phone apps like VoIP for video and audio calls or GPS apps keep running in the background but they don’t consume much power.
So what are you? An Android person or an Apple lover? Whatever the case might be, we have something interesting to tell you. We at budli.in offer a wide range of both Android and iOS smartphones for a price that you cannot possibly think about. If you are someone who is thinking of buying a new smartphone then you need to check out our online refurbished marketplace at budli.in. Refurbished products are the solution to your needs and if you want to own one then we will help you find the best device for you.
We at budli.in are the leading marketplace for refurbished products in India. We have a huge inventory of products ranging from smartphones, tablets to laptops. Check out budli.in and grab your next best smartphone now!