Technologies are always coming up with lots of myths and rumors. Lots of health experts will say that Plasma TV screens radiates the harmful radiations and so on. So with this you end with wrong decisions depending on these lies. Before buying, every individual has some questions related to the item, whether you are buying a new Plasma TV or open box plasma TV. So let us discuss about the common misconceptions about Plasma TV that comes to our mind.
Few rumors about the plasma TVs
(1) Plasma TVs are out of my budget- There is a sudden drop in price of both LCDs and Plasma TVs in the recent years. In case you can’t buy a new plasma TV then you can opt for the open box plasma TVs at the NOB store. This store offers great discounts at each and every product.
(2) Plasma radiate harmful radiations- maintain the gap of 10 feet from the screen. This is one of the biggest myths about the TVs. No doubt radiations are emitted out from the TV, but the amount of radiations emitted are so less that they don’t cause any harm to the body. But this doesn’t mean that you can watch TV 24*7.
(3) Plasma has better picture quality as compared to the LCDs - The reality is that both the TVs have the better display but in different terms. Plasmas have the better color, black level and color contrast where as LCDs have sharper quality of the image and doesn’t undergo the screen burn-in issue.
(4) Plasma TVs are tough to install - Yes, it’s quite a bit true, but with the help of a few friends you can mount the plasma TV easily on the TV stand. But mounting plasma on the wall is difficult and needs a professional support.
(5) Extra efforts are required for handling plasma TVs as compare to other TVs- the two thin sheets of glass works as sandwich for the millions of pixels. By rubbing the glass with a rough object can cause scratches over the display. So if once the screen gets damaged, then it can’t be repaired.
(6) Plasmas suffer from burn-in issues and needs to be replaced with in every couple of years. A Plasma TV will burn out in a year or two and needs to be replaced. Every TV whether its plasma or LCD of any brand have the life span of 60000 hours. Suppose you run your TV for approx. 8 hours in a day, then it will automatically work for 20 years.
(7) Refilling of the plasma TV screen arises after every few years – This is just the rumor about the plasma TVs. Certain salesman just spread these rumors in the market to increase their sales or to sell more number of warranties for their incentives.