The Front Indicator Lenses on the DS were badly cracked and discoloured, so it seemed like a good idea to replace them. They are available aftermarket and are quite easy to change over.
I had started what I assumed would be a quick job a while ago, but the new lenses used spade connectors instead of bullet connectors and I did not have time to make up some adapters. I’m sure it would have only cost a couple of cents more to make them actually fit, so I am perplexed as to why they are made this way.
Overall the job was easy but I am not particularly impressed by the quality of these units. They don’t quite fit right and the plastic is very easy to crack when screwing in. The car does look better, but I am not holding my breath when it comes to longevity.