Being a girl is not always as easy as it looks. Those hours you spend researching about new products and new trends can be exhausting. Especially when a celebrity comes out with a new line of makeup that entices you to spend more money on cosmetics that you most likely don’t need- because you just spend a bunch of money a week ago, buying something your friend had just recommended. It’s a never-ending cycle and it’s something that you have to learn to live with being a woman who likes to wear makeup. If you are like me, learning new makeup hacks are a lifesaver. Therefore, during this post I am going to reveal some useful methods to help you with the Lipstick aspect of your makeup routine.
I am going to start off this post about Lip Concealer. It’s one of those areas that don’t get much attention when it comes to applying lipstick.
Lip concealer is basically a cream that you use on your lips prior to applying lipstick. This will help your lips match with your skin tone a little better. Lip concealer also gives your lips a smoother appearance. Depending if your lips are dry or sensitive to certain products- lip concealer can help cover up and supply a base to the products you want to wear. If you are looking at plumping up your lips, applying a lip concealer will help with this process.
On With The Hacks:
- Use hairspray to remove lipstick stains. I know it seems a little weird, but trust me it works. Let the hairspray sit on the fabric for a few minutes before you throw it into the wash.
- Apply a lip primer around the outer part of your lips, especially if you plan on wearing red lipstick for the day. This will help keep the lipstick from feathering and spreading all over your face.
- Have you ever noticed that your lipstick has melted? I would recommend storing it in the fridge during the hot months, or all the time to make sure this doesn’t happen.
- Did your lipstick break off? Use a lighter to melt the end of the lipstick, from where it was suppose to stay on and attach it back to the applier.
- Do you want your lips to stand out? Use a lighter lip pencil or lip concealer and apply it around your lips. This will give you the appearance that your lips are bigger than they are.
Did You Know…
Did you know that your broken eye shadow palettes could be used as lipstick powder? Now you have a purpose for those broken palettes. Apply the powder to your lips- it works better if you have already applied a lip primer or concealer first. This just helps the color stay on for a longer period of time during the day. After you have applied the powder, I would recommend using a gloss to secure that powder down or rubbing it on with a lip balm. Either way works great!