Lichis are the most juicy fruit that makes an appearance in summers. Beneath the red colored thin leathery peel gives a sweet, juicy and translucent whitish flesh. Though it tastes good while eating plain as it is, anyone can make milkshakes, smoothies, ice creams etc with it.
So apart from having these sweet litchis, lets give a twist and make Virgin Lichi Mojito / you can say it as lichi lemonade which is purely non-alcoholic. Below is the step by step method to prepare this ideal summer drink.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins
|Lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|Sugar syrup||3 tbsp|
|Chilled Water||as needed|
|Mint leaves||6-8 no.|
|Ice cubes||3-4 no.|
|Lemon slices||2 no.|
- Peel 15-16 Lichis and deseed them. In a blender make a puree.
- Take a jar. Add 5-6 fresh mint leaves, sugar syrup and lemon juice. Use a spoon to gently crush / bruise the mint leaves.
- Pour the lichi puree in it & mix well.
- Take a serving glass, fill the mixture till 1/4 of the glass.
- Add 1-2 whole unseeded lichis in it and slowly pour chilled water into the glass till it almost reaches the brim and stir to mix.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon, a small sprig of mint leaves & add 2-3 ice cubes into the glass and serve immediately !
- In place of chilled water, add chilled soda water for all that extra fizz.