Check out the video of making Mango thokku to ease you cooking Also please don't forget to subscribe my You Tube channel: 12recipebook.
The mango season has started and raw mangoes are available in everywhere. Mango Thokku is an instant version of mango pickle. It can make within few minutes and of course finger licking too..
- Raw mango-3 large
- Oil- 1/4 cup (use mustard oil or gingelly oil for great taste)
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds (methi seeds/uluva)- 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder-3 tbsp (increase as per your spice tolerance)
- Hing powder (kayam/ asafoetida)- two pinch
- Salt-to taste (little more than normal salt level)
- Curry Leaves-2 spring
- Grated Jaggery-2 tbsp (or more)
- Peel the skin of raw mangoes and chop them in to tiny pieces or grate them finely using a carrot grater.
- Heat oil in a pan; when it is hot crackle mustard seeds and then fenugreek seeds.
- Make the flame low and add grated mangoes, turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt, hing, grated jaggery and curry leaves.
- Cook on medium flame for about for few minutes (about 5-6 minutes) until oil floats on top.
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool.
- After cools down completely; you can store them in an airtight container for long use.
Use dry spoon for picking the pickle; then It will stay fresh for a week in normal temperature
and in fridge for about one month.