Check out the video of making Spicy Duck Curry. Also please don't forget to subscribe my You Tube channel: 12RECIPEBOOK
Duck meat is a flavorful type of poultry that we don't use to cook often. It's almost resembles chicken meat; but the taste and cooking time is different. Duck needs to cook more than chicken. Spicy duck curry is an Authentic Kerala Preparation. Try this easy and spicy curry and it's a perfect combo with Kerala AppamIngredients to Marinate the Duck:
- Duck-1 kg
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice-1 tbsp
- Pepper powder-1 1/2 tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Coconut oil-2 tbsp
- Whole spices-few pieces (cinnamon, cumin, clove, cardamom and pepper corns)
- Thinly chopped onion-2 medium
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 1/2 tbsp
- Thinly chopped tomato-1 large
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder-1 tbsp
- Coriander powder-2 tsp
- Garam masala-1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Curry leaves-2 springs
- Coriander leaves chopped-to garnish
- Marinate the duck pieces with lemon juice, salt, turmeric powder and pepper powder. Rest for atleast half an hour in fridge.
- Heat a pressure cooker with coconut oil.
- Add whole spices.
- Add onion and saute until nice golden in color.
- Add ginger garlic paste; and saute until it's raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped tomato and saute until mashed well.
- Add all he spice powders and mix ell.
- Add marinate duck pieces and mix well.
- Add curry leaves, salt and enough water to cook.
- Cover the lid of pressure cooker and cooks for about 8 to 10 whistles on medium-high flame (or until duck pieces get cooked nicely).
- Open the lid after releasing the pressure by itself.
- Garnish with some more curry leaves and chopped coriander leaves.
- Give a nice mix and the curry is ready to be serve (if you need a thick gravy; Boil further until thickens)