A simply delicious spicy chutney (chammanthi) for your lazy meal.. Dry Prawns are great for making curries and chutney recipes. Try this quick dry Prawns Coconut Chutney for your meal and don't forget to leave the feedback here.
- Dry Prawns- 1 cup
- Dry red chilly-5 to 7 nos (increase or decrease as per your spice tolerance)
- Curry leaves-1 spring
- Shallot/small onion-3 nos
- Ginger-1 small piece
- Grated coconut- 3/4 cup
- Tamarind- 1/2 of a lemon size ball (seedless)
- Salt-to taste
- Coconut oil-2 tsp
- Clean and wash the dry prawns well. (if you want; remove its tail and head).
- Dry roast the washed prawns on low flame for few minutes (about 3-5 minutes) until crisp (the texture that you can easily break it with your hands)
- Take it out and in the same pan add dry red chilly and curry leaves.
- Dry roast for about 4-5 minutes.
- In a blender; add roasted dry red chilly, curry leaves, prawns, ginger, grated coconut, tamarind and salt.
- Blend for a minute or until all the ingredients are mixed well and crushed.
- Top it with coconut oil and mix well.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!!!
Check out the Video of making Dry Prawns Coconut Chutney to ease your cooking👇👇👇👇