Bread Roll is an easy and tasty tea time snack. You can make this with any of your favorite fillings. Here is the recipe of Bread roll ups with a sweet caramel apple and banana filling in addition with a slice of cheese!
- Thinly chopped apple-1/2 cup
- Thinly chopped banana- 1/2 cup
- Sugar- 1/4 cup
- Butter-2 tbsp + to toast
- Cardamom power- 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon powder-a pinch
- Bread slices-6
- Cheese slice-few
- Heat a pan with 1/4 cup of sugar; allow to caramelize; when it changes golden in color add 2 tbsp s of butter.
- Mix gently and add apple pieces.Cook for about 5 minutes; then add banana slices.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and cinnamon powder.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Trim the edges of bread slices.
- With a rolling pin; roll the bread slice as very thin.
- Place a slice of cheese and little portion of prepared filling on the center of the bread slice.
- Roll the bread and seal both edges by applying water ( don’t put too much filling inside the bread. Take care when rolling the bread and avoid cracking of bread slice).
- Heat a pan with butter and toast the prepared rolls on all the sides until golden and crisp.