Hello Everybody and Welcome Back to GreatChowTV.com
This time around we are going to make an amazing Instant Pot Cookie Dough Cheesecake in our Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Instant Pot Cookie Dough Cheesecake is silky smooth, sweet and delicious it’s probably one of the most amazing pressure cook cheesecakes that I have ever had. We make an cookie dough that is completely edible raw because it is eggless. So as you’re making the cookie dough you’re free to taste it without any worry. We also use the cookie dough as a crust in our cookie dough cheesecake. To make this cheesecake, we make the little different recipes below and assemble it, pressure cook the cake for 32 minutes and 18 minutes on natural release. Let it cool, then garnish and now … You have a super easy and amazing Instant Pot Cookie Dough Cheesecake!
Click HERE for the Full Video!
A Little Background on Great Chow and Cheesecake:
I used to run an underground cheesecake business to my local deli’s. They would pay top dollar for my cheesecakes. The word of mouth spread so fast and demand was so great depending on the season, I just couldn’t run it out of my home kitchen. For a while I would take special orders and my customers really loved and appreciated my cheesecakes. I am still known as the “cheesecake guy” in these deli’s; its hilarious! I also live close to New York City and I have searched and sought out the best cheesecakes available such as Brooklyn’s Juniors and World Famous Carnegie Deli so that I can experience “how its supposed to taste.” Cheesecake is definitely hands down my favorite dessert and cake so I wanted to bring something special to you in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker!
Recipes and Instructions
(Below are the mini recipes to follow as you read the HOW TO MAKE Cookie Dough Cheesecake ; )
This recipe is silky smooth and delicious. It does not contain eggs so it can be consumed uncooked!!! It will be used inside of the cheesecake as well as the garnish and topping!
Tip: Soften butter by allowing it to stay room temp for 30-45 min befor working with it.
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate morsels
- 1tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tbls vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients slowly to form cookie dough.
1. In a bowl, combine flour and salt and whisk (dry mixture). Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, with a hand or standing mixer on slow, whip the softened butter butter, vanilla, sugars, whipping cream until creamy (approx 2-3 min).
3. Slowly add the dry mixture while continuing to mix on slow until silky smooth cookie dough is formed.
4. Gently mix and fold in chocolate morsels.
5. Make 1 1/2 cups of small cookie doughs balls to dropped into the cheesecake filling.
Tip: In a medium bowl, set down a piece of wax paper and put the cookie dough on it. Return cookie dough to refrigerator to form and develop while Cheesecake filling is being made.
It is NY Cheesecake Style
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbls whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine and slowly cream with a mixer the Cream Cheese, sour cream, sugar, whipping cream. until smooth.
2. Add eggs 1 at a time and slowly mix, then add vanilla.
3. Increase the speed to medium and continue to blend for 2 min until silky smooth.
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels
- 1/4 cup Whipping cream
1. Combine morsels and cream in microwavable bowl, microwave for 1 minute, remove and stir until smooth.
Fresh Whip Cream
- 1 cup cold Whipping Cream
- 3-4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place a metal bowl in the freeze for 2 min so it gets really cold.
2. Pour the cold whipping cream into the bowl and whip with mixer on medium speed for 1-2 min (until the cream becomes whipped cream).
3. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and blend with a mixer for 1 more minute.
Note: Give a taste, If you want sweeter whipped cream and a little more powdered sugar.
HOW TO MAKE COOKIE DOUGH CHEESECAKE:
1. Make cookie dough and set aside in a bowl with wax paper.
2. Make the Cheesecake filling.
3. In the 6′ Cheesecake pan;
a. Lay down a circular sheet of wax paper.
b. Grease the sides of the pan and the top of the wax paper with butter.
4. Lay down cookie dough all around the bottom on the pan to form the cookie dough bottom crust (1/4 inch up the sides of the pan).
5. Pour Cheesecake filling on top of the cookie dough crust until it comes up to 75-80% of the pan.
6. Randomly drop the cookie dough balls into the cheesecake filling.
Tip: if the cookie dough “floats” push some of cookie dough balls down to the filling with a spoon : )
7. In the Instant Pot, Place trivet in the Pot, fill with 1 & 1/2 cups of water.
8. Lay a sheet of paper towel OVER the cheesecake pan. Cover the paper towel and cheesecake with a piece of tin foil.
Note: The paper towel will absorb the moisture during the cooking process, it is ok if it touches the cheesecake filling.
9. Create a tin foil sling. Tear a long piece of tin foil, fold it 3-5 times to create an even long stable sling.
10. Place the covered cheesecake in the middle of the sling and place the cheesecake on the trivet, gently tuck the handles of the sling over the cheesecake.
11. lock lid in place, place pressure release in the “Seal” position
12. Press manual, Set time for 32 min.
13. When time is up; allow Natural Release until the float valve drops (15-18 min extra min under pressure)
14. Remove lid, with hand protection remove the cheesecake to a cooling rack with the handles of the trivet.
15. Remove tinfoil and the paper towel. Allow the cheesecake too cool on the cooling rack for 1 hour, and then refrigerate for 5-6 hours until fully chilled and formed.
Garnish and Finish
16. Make the chocolate ganache and slowly pour and smooth the liquid chocolate over the top and allow to trip over the sides of the cake. Refrigerate for 15-30 min until the chocolate forms a chocolate shell (ganache).
17. Make the whip cream in a cold metal bowl. Using a Wilton 2-D flower tip and pastry bag, fill the pastry bag with the whip cream and pipe whip cream on top of the cheesecake making little whip cream flowers all the way around and one in the middle, as well as the side of the cake.
18. Make cookie dough balls and place them all around the whip cream and on the side of the cake as well. (As much as you like)
19. Sprinkle on mini chocolate chip morsels.
There you have it, your very own Instant Pot Pressure Cooked Cookie Dough Cheesecake !!! Congratulations!!! It is going to be delicious !!!
Tips and Tricks:
You can always decorate or serve your cake any which way you wish. After the cheesecake is cooked and chilled you can and serve the cake with a bottled chocolate drizzle and canned whip cream such as Redi-Whip (My Favorite!) if you wish. Always delicious!!! … but don’t forget to add your cookie doughs!!!
Thank you very much for joining me once again! Send me pics on Facebook!!! FB Page: GreatChowTV
~Jason (Great Chow Jay)
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE GREATCHOWTV RECIPES and UPDATES!
GREATCHOWTV ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
Other Delicious GreatChowTV Video Recipes:
Very popular now on YouTube. Instant pot chicken and rice. Recipe can be found here on GreatChowTV.
Instant Pot Smashed Red Potatoes – Finish three different ways, featuring Parmesan, bacon cheddar chive, sour cream and chive. Super delicious you will love these babies!!! Recipe can be found here on GreatChowTV.com
Beef Wellington featuring the instant pot pressure cooker. I love this video! LOL – Recipe can be found right here on GreatChowTV.com
The post Instant Pot Cookie Dough Cheesecake appeared first on Great Chow TV.