Adai is made out of rice and lentils. Since it contains all types of dhal and lentils, it is very healthy and also tasty recipe. It is usually prepared for breakfast. It goes best with Aviyal. Adai with butter is yummy and rich. We can add onions, carrot, drumstick leaves on adai. It adds respective flavour to the adai. Here I have made normal and onion adai.
Raw rice – 1/2 cup
Boiled rice – 1/2 cup
Toor dhal – 1/4 cup
Channa dhal- 1/4 cup
Urad dhal- 1/4 cup
Green gram- 1/8 cup
White Channa- 1/8 cup
Black Channa- 1/8 cup
White vatana- 1/8 cup
Green vatana- 1/8 cup
Cowpeas- 1/8 cup
Rajma- 1/8 cup
Nuggets- 1/8 cup
Red chillies – 4/5
Salt – To taste.
- Take all these ingredients, wash and soak in water for 4-5 hours.
- Next day, drain the water and keep aside.
- Grind all the ingredients in the grinder coarsely.
- Add little quantity of water when required. But donot add too much of water.
- The adai batter is ready. Mix Asafoetida.
- In a tava, add 1 ladle of the batter and spread it evenly in round shape.
- Add /2 tsp oil/ghee and allow it to cook till golden brown.
- Then turn it to the other side and cook in the same way.
- The adai is ready and it can be served with aviyal/ idli podi/ butter/jaggery.
- It goes best with Aviyal.
Note: You can add chopped onions in the batter. In that case Donot Add asafoetida.
Filed under: Recipes, Tiffin Tagged: Adai, healthy recipe, Multigrain adai, pancake, South Indian tiffin
This post first appeared on Super Duper Kitchen | Niranjana's Yummy Yummy Recipes!, please read the originial post: here