Cloud eggs—basically a nest of baked egg whites cradling the yolk—became an Instagram thing a while back…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 4 tbsp. oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 package spinach
- 1/4 c. crumbled feta
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes
- Fry the bacon in a large sauté pan.
- Remove the slices of bacon and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Once the excess grease has drained, crumble half of the bacon, and chop the remaining two slices into larger, bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette: Add the shallot to the pan you cooked bacon in, sautéing them over medium-low heat for about 1 minute, until lightly browned. Pour shallots into a medium bowl, add red wine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper, whisking to combine.
- Whisk in oil, then stir in crumbled bacon. Set aside.
- Fry each egg in the same sauté pan, cooking until the whites are set.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, combine spinach, feta, cherry tomatoes and remaining chopped bacon. Toss with vinaigrette.
- Portion salad into two bowls, then top with fried egg. Serve immediately.