Simply add all your ingredients to a crockpot. So creamy, comforting and easy. Served with parmesan cheddar croutons…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 10 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 8h25 minutes ]
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole peeled plum tomatoes with basil
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
For The Parmesan Cheddar Croutons
- 4 cups (1-inch) French bread cubes
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- To make the parmesan cheddar croutons, spread bread cubes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Place into oven and bake until crisp and golden, about 10-12 minutes, stirring halfway; set aside and let cool.
- Place tomatoes into a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Stir in tomato sauce, vegetable broth, garlic, onion, bell pepper, tomato paste, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Crush the tomatoes into chunks using the back of a spoon.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Puree with an immersion blender until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in heavy cream and basil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with parmesan cheddar croutons.
The post Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup!!!! appeared first on Low Recipe.