This gluten-free and keto quiche, with its buttery crust and delicious custard filling, is a real crowd-pleaser. Think of it as an ideal make-ahead dish for entertaining…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
FOR THE KETO PIE CRUST
- 1 batch
FOR THE KETO QUICHE
- 100 g bacon strip preferably thick, diced
- 1 onion very thinly sliced
- 230 g Gruyère cheese
- 315 ml sour cream or crème fraîche
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 9-inch loose bottom quiche pan
- Make a batch of our super flakey keto pie crust.
- Roll out pie crust between two sheets of parchment paper. Using the parchment as an aid, line the quiche pan with the crust and prick all over with a fork. Don’t sweat it if it breaks, just patches it up! You’ll want to work quickly though and in a cool environment, and if the crust becomes unmanageable simply pop it in the freezer for 5 minutes. We found a batch of pie crust to be just right for a 9-inch quiche pan.
- Refrigerate crust for 30 minutes and preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Cover the pie crust with parchment paper and add enough dried beans or pie weights to fill the dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F/190°C and bake for 5-8 minutes, until the crust just begins to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool while you make the filling. You can make this up to a day ahead, storing the chilled pastry fully covered in the fridge.
- Cook bacon in a skillet or pan over medium heat until lightly crisped. Remove from heat and add in the onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until lightly golden (10-13 minutes).
- While the onion is cooking, finely dice three-quarters of the cheese and finely grate the rest. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl thoroughly whisk the cream with the eggs. Mix in nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Scatter the diced cheese, bacon and onion into the partly-baked pastry. Transfer the pie crust to a baking tray, half pull the oven shelf out and place the baking tray with the quiche. Pour in the egg and cream mixture right to the top and scatter grated cheese on top.
- Bake at 350°F/180°C for 30-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted 2 inches from the edge comes out clean. Note that the center should still be slightly jiggly and not fully set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- The quiche can also be served at room temperature, and can be kept in the fridge for roughly 3 days and frozen for 1 month.
The post Keto Quiche Lorraine!!! appeared first on Low Recipe.