Lentils spiced with chorizo spices and cooked with red wine and tomatoes. Rich, healthy and amazingly comforting…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 2 1/2 C. Cooked Lentils, already cooked, not dry
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Coriander
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Cloves, ground
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne
- 1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 C. Red wine, vegan
- 1 Tbsp. Agave nectar
- 14 oz. Crushed tomatoes, canned
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or pot on medium high. Add the lentils, start to heat.
- Now, mix all the seasonings together in a bowl and add to the lentils stir to coat, then add the apple cider vinegar and stir.
- Cook the lentils for about 3-4 minutes to develop the flavor, reduce heat as needed.
- Now add the red wine to the lentils and use it to deglaze the pan.
- Stir and scrape all the tasty bits off the bottom.
- Then add the agave and crushed tomatoes. Stir and cook for about 10 minutes until the strong red wine flavor has dissipated.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper and anything else it needs.
- Serve immediately with your favorite pasta.
The post Vegan Chorizo Bolognese!!! appeared first on Low Recipe.