Easy & delicious this SLOW COOKER POTATO & CORN CHOWDER is the ultimate comfort food. The secret to this chowder recipe is cheese, lots of cheese…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 3h 55 minutes ]
- 4 large red potatoes diced
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-n-half
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a slow cooker add potatoes and corn.
- Add flour over the corn and potatoes and stir to combine.
- Add seasonings: thyme, Montreal steak seasoning, oregano, garlic and onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to coat corn and potatoes with seasoning.
- Add chicken broth. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are cooked and tender.
- Once potatoes are cooked, add sharp cheddar and white cheddar cheese. Add in butter and heavy cream. Stir together to combine.
- Return lid and cover slow cooker, cook for another 30-60 minutes.
- Right before serving, remove the lid and stir together.
- Serve with garnishes including corn, bacon, cheese or anything else you would like to add. Spoon and devour.