Mexican shredded chicken tacos, filled with a versatile, flavorful, and easy to prepare chicken, perfect for feeding a crowd on game day! both instructions for the slow cooker and pressure cooker included…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 1h 55 minutes ]
Mexican Shredded Chicken
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts or tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Ortega Thick & Chunky Mild Salsa
- 1 4 oz. can ORTEGA Fire Roasted Mild Diced Green Chiles
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbs cumin
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- ¼ cup ORTEGA Green Taco Sauce
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 12 Ortega Good Grains Blue Corn Taco Shells or Ortega Flour Tortillas
- 1 can Ortega Black Beans
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup Ortega Thick & Chunky Mild Salsa
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- Lime wedges
Chicken Slow Cooker Instructions
- Defrost chicken
- Rub chicken breasts with oil and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Shred chicken, then toss with 3/4 cup of the sauce from the crockpot.
Chicken Instant Pot Instructions
- Put oil in the bottom of the pot
- Add chicken tenders/breast meat (frozen is fine)
- Add seasonings, salsa, diced green chilies, and green taco sauce
- Put a lid on the pot, and lock it in, set the valve to seal.
- Cook on manual high for 12 minutes
- Natural pressure release 5 minutes, then quick release additional pressure
- Remove chicken from pot, and shred chicken, scoop 1 cup of the sauce out of the pot, and pour it over the chicken and toss it all together.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and limes
- Drain and rinse black beans
- Put 2 Tbs Mexican Shredded Chicken in an Ortega Flour Tortilla or Good Grains Blue Corn Taco Shells
- Add Ortega Black Beans, Ortega Thick & Chunky Mild Salsa, shredded cabbage, cilantro, and cheese.
The post Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken!!!! appeared first on Low Recipe.