Roasted chicken and brussels sprouts are tossed with crispy bacon and baked in a creamy dairy-free sauce for a super comforting, delicious and filling Whole30, paleo, and low carb meal…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 45 minutes ]
- 1 lb boneless skinless Chicken breasts About 2 breasts
- 1 1/4 lbs brussels sprouts cut into halves or quarters depending on the side
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil divided
- Sea salt and pepper
- 8 slices nitrate free bacon
- 3 Tbsp organic ghee or refined coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- 1 1/2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 Tbsp brown mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1/4 sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp fresh minced sage leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh minced rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and coat chicken with 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- On a separate baking sheet lined with parchment paper, arrange brussels sprouts and coat with 1 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil plus salt and pepper.
- Once done, lower the oven temp to 400 degrees.
- Roast chicken and brussels sprouts for 20-25 minutes or until brussels sprouts are browning and fork tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Midway through, flip the chicken and stir sprouts for even roasting.
- While chicken and Brussels sprouts roast, cook the bacon until crisp in a large skillet, drain, and make the sauce:
- For the sauce, heat a medium saucepan over med heat and add the 3 Tbsp cooking fat.
- Add the onions, cook until translucent and fragrant, then add the garlic and continue to cook until soft, adjusting heat if necessary.
- Whisk the tapioca flour into the broth and add it to the pan, then immediately add the coconut milk, mustard, and nutritional yeast, (if using), while whisking.
- Raise the heat and bring to a boil, stirring. Once boiling, lower to a simmer and continue to stir and cook for another minute, until nice and thick.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste, add the fresh herbs, then remove from heat.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces, or shred, and arrange in a casserole dish, then add the roasted Brussels sprouts and the sauce mixture, stir to evenly coat.
- Crumble the cooked bacon and sprinkle all over, then bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, until heated through.
The post Creamy Chicken Brussels Sprouts & Bacon!!!! appeared first on Low Recipe.