The easiest beef stew ever! Throw all of the ingredients in the slow-cooker and walk away! Come back at dinner time, grab a bowl and enjoy…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 9 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 7h55 minutes ]
- 1 ½ lb. beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and cubed (about ½ lb.)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 3-4 cups chicken or beef broth
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary, lightly crushed
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. potato starch (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp. coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add stew meat and cook until browned, then flip and brown on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Place all of the ingredients in a slow-cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- (Optional step) Combine potato starch with a few tablespoons cold water and stir into hot stew to thicken.
The post Slow Cooker Beef Stew!!! appeared first on Low Recipe.