Jayasree Banik highlights an important issue that is being discussed the most these days. Yes, it’s about immunity and how to build it.
She has focused on what all you need to take care of these days to maintain your immunity in times like these. She also believes that our immunities cannot be built over a day and is more like a process. Read on to know more!
The COVID-19 pandemic is more dangerous for people with weaker immunity and taking extra care is advisable. Immunity, in simple terms, can be defined as the body’s ability to fight disease-causing pathogens like bacteria, viruses, fungus, etc. The Immune system within the body is responsible for our protection by preparing anti-bodies. The role of anti-bodies is to act like soldiers when our immune system is under threat. We at all times should be more aware of the things that make and break our immune system to live a healthier and happier life!
Tip to build your immune system:
1. Boost your immunity naturally with these foods:
- Fresh lime, amla, and lemon
- Ripe papaya
- Luke warm milk
- Curd (room temperature)
- All types of dal
- Egg, Fish, and chicken
- Ginger garlic, and onion
- Tulsi leaves
- Fresh turmeric
2. Cut down on your alcohol and nicotine consumption completely
3. Sleeping 8 hours a day is a must and should never be ignored or compromised under any circumstances
4. Drink at least 8 glasses of water or more throughout the day.
5. Gargle your throat at least 2-3 times a day with lukewarm saltwater
6. Consume whole fruits instead of juices
7. Soak your fruits and vegetables in boiling water for at least five to ten seconds and above the 70-degree temperature
Foods to avoid:
- Refrigerated food
- Avoid consuming anything cold
- High in sugar food or beverages
- Processed foods
Recipe from our expert!
Homemade drink to boost your immunity
Black pepper + Kalonji + Sauf + Ajwain + Cinnamon + Sada Jeera = Grind all the ingredients and make a powder. Use this powder (1tsp) with a glass of lukewarm water 2 times a day, preferably early morning and before going to bed.
The post Know from the expert! : Immunity and all you need to know about it! appeared first on OoWER.