Spring is right around the corner and after that second helping of Winter we just had it can't come soon enough if you ask me. One of the perks of working for Rothco is that I can get up close and personal with gear and test it out for myself as it comes in the door. I've put together a short list of 5 Rothco items that I think are must-haves for Spring:
1. The New Lightweight MA-1 Jacket - I purchased one of the Sage Green Lightweight MA-1's for myself the day we received them in stock. It's the perfect Spring jacket because of its versatility. It's lightweight for those days where you think to yourself "Is it warm enough to go out without a jacket? Should I take one just in case?" and it fits perfectly over a hoodie for layering if it's particularly cold.
2. Shoulder Duffle Bags - I generally put the Medium Transport Pack on any list of "must-have Rothco items" (I own 3 of them) but my second favorite Rothco bag is the Shoulder Bag. I travel on the lighter side but the 19" canvas duffle makes the perfect overnight bag and you can always step up to the 24" version if you need some extra room. They also make great gym bags.
3. The Classic Duck Boot - You know what they say... April showers bring May flowers, so for the rainy months the Duck Boot is perfect. I'll wear these as everyday boots if it's rainy because 1. they're super comfortable and 2. they're waterproof.
4. Rothco Operator's Cap - I'm partial to the Black Operator's Cap with the embroidered U.S. Flag on it but really any of the 20+ styles and colors of Operator Cap will do.
5. Rothco's Vinyl Ponchos - I honestly don't know why anyone wouldn't have one or two of these tucked away in their car or truck. Why would you let a little rain ruin a good time? If there's a festival, concert, parade, or sporting event that you're going to and rain is in the forecast, don't get caught without one of these. While I prefer the lighter ones, the heavier duty rip-stop ones might be a better way to go for others.
Matthew J Leone - Rothco
Subscribe to the Camobloge