1. What Should You Consume for Bodybuilding?
2. Lean Mass and Muscle Mass
3. How to Calculate Lean Body Mass?
4. Essential Tips for Every Indian Bodybuilder
5. Full Day Indian Bodybuilding Diet Plan for Muscle Building
5.1 Generic Indian Diet Plan for Bodybuilding
5.2 Indian Vegetarian Bodybuilding Diet Plan
5.3 Indian Non-Vegetarian Diet Plan for Bodybuilding
5.4 Indian Diet Plan for Bodybuilding PDF
Bodybuilding is an art. Perhaps the human body is more complex and bodybuilding is not a child's play. Every man on the earth has dreamt of building their musculature like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Building your body doesn't happen in overnight, it is a continuous process. You work for 24-hour days for months and years. Building muscles are not as easy as a weight loss. You need to stay motivated and follow a healthy meal plan along with workouts.
When it comes to meal plan for building your body, you should be very cautious with what you are putting into your body. For a good workout, your body needs more energy and that comes from carbs and proteins. Therefore you should eat a balanced meal to get the essential nutrients. Thanks to the Indian foods, which are packed with adequate vitamins and minerals required to build the muscle mass. This article will outline the Indian diet plan for bodybuilding.
What Should You Consume for Bodybuilding?
To get the muscle mass, your body requires a special diet. Generally, your body requires more calories to support training and increase muscle growth. Make sure you get 50-60% of carbs, 30–40% of protein & 10–15% of fats.
- Carbs: sweet potato, quinoa, brown rice, chapattis, oats, breads and banana.
- Proteins: low-fat paneer, lentils(green, black, black beans), low-fat milk(if not lactose intolerant), curd, egg white, fish, chicken breast, mutton, lean beef, pork tenderloin, cottage cheese, soya chunks, soya bean, chickpeas, soya chunks curry, pigeon pea etc.
- Fats: peanuts or peanut butter(protein source as well), almonds, walnuts, olive oil, and coconut oil.
- Vitamins and minerals: whole seasonal fruits(avoid packed fruit juices and sugar concentrated fruit juices), green veggies, and seasonal salad.
Check your daily maintenance calories to know how much calories your body requires to maintain or increase your current body weight. Do keep in mind that calculating BMR is different for male and female as males have a higher percentage of lean body weight than females.
If you don't know the calculation of macros, read the below article to learn the calculation protein, carbs and fat intake for bodybuilding.
Do not eat too much at a time. It is better to eat in small portions every two to three hours. Try drink more water than usual, as exercises cause dehydration. But there is no specified limit of water intake for bodybuilding, because metabolic rate and the amount of sweating is different for everyone. Ensure you take multivitamins and don't stretch cold muscles. If you want you can always stretch after your workout.
Ivysaur 4-4-8 Beginner Program
Best Triceps Exercises For All 3 Heads
GZCLP Program with Spreadsheet
Lean Mass and Muscle Mass
Well, definitely you want to build your body and starting anything without a profound knowledge is a bad thing. You might have heard bodybuilding enthusiasts talk about lean mass and muscle mass. People work hard to gain lean kilos but are unaware of lean mass and muscle mass and what actually it means. Both the terms are different from each other.
Lean mass is the weight of your entire body composition excluding the fat. This includes the weight of your body organs, skin, bones, and water. Whereas muscle mass is the weight of your muscles. This muscle can be nurtured with exercise and diet to gain the muscle mass. The muscle mass is actually a part of the lean mass.
How to Calculate Lean Body Mass?
Calculating the lean body mass is essential to accomplish your health goal and building your muscles. For this, you need a body fat scale and calculator. Body fat scales are affordable to buy and you can find one in your gym. You may use the following image for the approximate calculation of body fat percentage calculation.
- Now, you can find your body fat percentage using the body fat scale.
- Next, subtract the body fat percentage from hundred to get the lean mass percentage. E.g. If your body fat percentage was 40%, then the lean mass percentage will be 100 – 40 i.e. 60%
- For lean mass factor, divide the percentage by 100 E.g. 60/100 i.e. 0.60
- Now, multiply the lean mass factor with your body weight to get lean mass
- If your body weight is 80 kilos, then your lean mass will be 80 X 0.65 = 52 kilos
If your body fat is 40% and you want to reduce it to 30%, then you can calculate the target weight as follows:
- Desired body weight = lean body weight / desired lean mass factor in decimal form.
Therefore to get body fat percentage of 30%, you need to come down to 74 kilos.
German Volume Training
Hypertrophy Specific Training
PHAT Workout Routine
Raw Whey Protein Vs Whey Protein
German Volume Training
Hypertrophy Specific Training
PHAT Workout Routine
Raw Whey Protein Vs Whey Protein
Essential Tips for Every Indian Bodybuilder
1. Balanced diet
We often get carried away with western diet thoughts about low carb diets supporting in building muscles or consuming a high protein diet for muscle building. If you are really into bodybuilding and have been lifting some good weights, your body uses energy from the carb, protein as well as from fat stores of your body while performing. Hence the key lies in having a balanced meal.
If you are new into bodybuilding, you need a higher protein intake. At least 25 – 30 % of your calories should get from protein in food.
- Professional bodybuilders prefers to eat 1 gm per pound of body weight. If your body weight is 60 kilos, then your body weight in pounds will be 60 X 2.205 = 132.277 pounds.
- According to Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics bodybuilders needs 1.4 to 1.7 grams of protein per kilo gram
Fried peanuts, chickpeas salad, sprouts, have rich in protein content, may keep you satiated in your snacking time. There’s a whole lot of discussion with respect to the choice of milk with some studies showing the greatness of whole milk over low-fat skimmed milk. While this may be true when we consider the number of amino acids present in whole milk, but it is still better to opt for skimmed milk to keep your fat intake limited.
Read this article to learn the calculation of protein, carbs and fat - Most Effective Muscle Building Diet Plan
Carbohydrates form the base of an Indian food chart. At least 50 – 55 % of your entire calorie intake should come from complex carb foods. Avoiding too much simple carb like sugar and refined foods like Maida is important. Intake the carb calories through whole grains, broken wheat, red/ brown rice, oats, jaw (barely).
You may hate it but you cannot avoid it. We all are fat phobic. But we cannot avoid the fact that 15- 20 % of our calories should come from fats. It is in our hand to change this into good. Consume olive oil, or sunflower + rice bran oil or other such MUFA and PUFA mixture of oil. Add healthy nuts, Fish oil, and Avocados
Our desire to gain muscle mass is so much overtaken by Protein, that we mostly forget about the other micronutrients from food that are equally essential. Vitamin E, Vitamin B, and Vitamin C are some very essential vitamins that we can not overlook while gaining muscle mass.
- Vitamin E, B, and C are all antioxidants and very necessary to take care of the waste that is generated in the body due to strength training.
- Almonds, peanut, hazelnuts, Wheat germ (jaw), flax seeds, sunflower oil, corn oil, canola oil are all sources of Vitamin E
- Amla, Lemon, Papaya, oranges, bell pepper, pineapple, cantaloupe, kiwi, tomatoes, asparagus, Grapefruit, raspberries, fennel seeds provide Vitamin C
Fruits and vegetables
These have large amounts of vitamins and minerals bounded in them, but you may want to re-consider some options or fit them in a plan so as to ensure their optimal intake while controlling excess consumption. This again makes the focus of this article- eating the right food, in the right quantity, and at the right time.
You may also like to read:
Is sugar or fat worse? Fat Vs Sugar Debate
Diet Tips To Lose Belly Fat
High Protein Diet Plan for Weight Loss
2. Sleep is the best meditation
A planned and balanced diet gives you good health and enables building your muscle mass. As a fitness enthusiast, you would be sometimes anxious about your muscularity. Sleep deprivation will definitely hamper your goal. It is essential to give your muscles a rest time post workout. Sleep is a must, as the growth hormone is released during a nap. The more you sleep, your muscles get healed faster and recover from a workout. Ensure you get quality sleep for 6-8 hours because a rested brain gives you more motivation to build your body.
3. Drink a lot of water
Water is important for life. Water is the essential part of an Indian diet plan for bodybuilding too. It is needed for Indian muscle builders and anyone who is involved in extreme and meticulous training or workout. Water is absorbed quickly by the body cells and support in cooling down of the body cells after a heavy workout. Plain water is considered of higher importance and of much value in comparison to a maximum of the sports drinks that are sugar-laden. Good hydration also affects stamina and improves your muscles capacity to work out.
Increased urination is of utmost importance to ensure the removal of the excess metabolic waste produced in the body during bodybuilding.
Full Day Indian Bodybuilding Diet Plan for Muscle Building
If you are fervent about what to eat and how to eat, we will help you! Here we will present you the best Indian foods for three categories- General, Vegetarian, and Non-vegetarian. A combination of good diet and healthy habits are ideal to gain the right muscle mass.
Generic Indian Diet Plan for Bodybuilding
- Meal 1 (Early Morning): First thing after waking up- Green tea + Honey will give you the morning boost.
- Meal 2 (Breakfast): Whey protein shake + 1 banana + 1/4 cup nuts + oats + milk
- Meal 3 (Brunch): 3 eggs whites and 1 whole egg
- Meal 4 (Lunch): Broccoli + chicken breast + horse gram + 2 chapati
- Meal 5 (Snacks): Boiled potato or banana + 1 egg white + whey protein shake
- Meal 6 (Dinner): Anything veg and non-veg thali in less quantity + 1/4 cup sprouted mung bean
Indian Vegetarian Bodybuilding Diet Plan
- Meal 1 (Early Morning): 1 Glass milk + Apple or any fruit
- Meal 2 (Breakfast): Boiled Rajma (kidney beans) along with onion, garlic & tomato tossed in it + Whey protein shake
- Meal 3 (Brunch): Sprouted moong dal Salad + 1/4 Cup nuts
- Meal 4 (Lunch): One medium cup of brown rice with beans, and a toast made of whole grains. + Horse gram curry
- Meal 5 (Snacks): Banana + chickpeas salad + Whey protein shake
- Meal 6 (Dinner): Small bowl of brown rice or quinoa + Curd + Soya chunks curry
Indian Non-Vegetarian Diet Plan for Bodybuilding
- Meal 1 (Early Morning): 1 Glass milk and a fruit of your choice
- Meal 2 (Breakfast): A bowl of oatmeal with 1/4 cup nuts + Whey protein shake
- Meal 3 (Brunch): 3 Egg whites and 1 whole egg + Mung bean sprouts
- Meal 4 (Lunch): Brown rice + fish fry / 3-4 Chapatis + Chicken curry or Beef fry
- Meal 5 (Snacks): Whey protein shake + 1 Banana + Nuts
- Meal 6 (Dinner): 3-4 Chapatis + Chicken/Beef/Mutton
Indian Diet Plan for Bodybuilding PDF
Click on the button to download Indian Diet Plan for Bodybuilding PDF file
We do not ask you to take bland food as we do not like it either. An aloo paratha in the morning or a chicken sandwich as an evening snack are incredible options given you know how to consume them and where to stop. You cannot manage to have butter-laden parathas and you need to surely use brown bread in your chicken sandwich. And your juices want to be healthy drinks with little or no refined sugar content. That’s the style it works and you have to balance both the sides to make your plan more sustainable and to stay committed to it.
Do follow this Indian Diet Plan for bodybuilding and let us know how it works you. Of course, we are open to your queries and doubt about this Indian diet chart for muscle building.
Best Protein Powders
30 Minute HIIT Spin Workout
Effect of Sleep on Exercise and Muscle Growth
Best Muscle Building Workout Plans
Quick Ways To Improve Your Current Workout Routine
How to Stay Motivated to Workout Everyday
Best Cardio Workouts for Fat Loss
Gifty Narkani is a content contributor at Pulse Pharmacy. She believes in the fact that being healthy and fit isn't a trend, it's all about lifestyle. She loves to write about health, fitness, medical issues etc. An enthusiast who prompt the readers to have a healthy lifestyle.