We often get asked what the difference is between meal replacement (weight loss shakes) and Protein Shakes. Are they the same, similar, or nothing alike? Both shakes can assist you in gaining an athletic edge if used properly, and they are pretty similar… But different. So what are the differences between Meal Replacement Shakes and protein shakes?
Protein shakes are generally used for muscle building and recovers as opposed to meal replacement shakes which are designed for just that. Replacing your meal. They generally contain more calories, vitamins, and nutrients in order to safely replace a meal. So they are similar but used for very different things.
Meal replacement shakes are designed to be more filling and contain more calories than protein shakes. And although weight loss shakes are higher in calories than protein shakes, they are still lower than most meals. Weight loss shakes also help you curb your hunger as they generally have some sort of “hunger blocker” in them. These things enable them to help you to lose weight and keep your body looking great. Protein shakes are generally not as focused on calories, but generally contain as little as 100 calories. Whereas weight loss shakes have around 300 calories. Big difference.
So what are all the differences between weight loss shakes and protein shakes?
Meal Replacement Shakes:
- Can replace a meal completely. Generally recommended that either breakfast or lunch is replaced. Sometimes both. But dinners are generally not recommended to be replaced with a shake.
- Generally provides most if not all of your essential nutrients and vitamins.
- Contain a good proportion of protein powder to carbs.
- Are formulated for weight loss and fat reduction.
- Check out our ViSalus reviews.
- Are not meant to replace a meal. More tailored for building muscle or muscle regeneration.
- Include protein sources are usually whey, soy, pea, or eggs.
- Generally don’t include many carbs.
- Are a supplemental to your diet plan, and do not include the vitamins and minerals your body needs.
Have you tried both meal replacement shakes and protein shakes? What has your experience been? Also, whats your best weight loss shakes or protein shakes? We would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Click Here to get the latest specials on weight loss & health products
The post Meal Replacement Shakes Vs Protein Shakes appeared first on Skin - Health - Body.