I was about to start writing a new article when I received an intriguing tweet. I am really thankful and excited to share with you that I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award!
What is Liebster Award?
It’s a Blogging award based on a chain of nomination to encourage blogs with less than 200 followers to continue their efforts, gain exposure and share other blogs.
How does it work?
I would like first to thanks Salma from Made in Craftdise. Salma is an engineering post-graduate who share her passion for crochet, craft and DIY projects. She also sells some of her creations on Etsy. If you are interested, please have a look at her website here.
Following Liebster Award’s rules, I’ll now share with you 11 facts about me, then answer Salma’s questions before nominating some interesting blogs.
11 Facts about me
- I am French and spend lots of time triple checking my blog posts to avoid typos, autocorrect and grammar mistakes.
- I moved in London a year ago (and the time went really fast)
- I spend too much time on Twitter
- During mu studies, I was working as a consultant for a small tech startup to pay my rent and learn by doing
- A few years ago my Spanish was better than my English until I moved to an English speaking country, now I can read Spanish but wouldn’t be able to have a conversation
- I am always hungry (but I try to eat healthy snacks)
- In my morning routine, it’s essential for me to read the international and business/technology news, then check/prepare my social media before starting the day
- When I am in a store, a street or just in my apartment I always bang into people or furniture as I don’t pay attention
- I always walk in the wrong direction! Never follow my instincts for a trip in a forest or in a new town
- I love rock and roll music and electric guitar songs
- I might be a workaholic, I feel useless if my mind is not busy and I need to accomplish things to allow myself some breaks or presents
My answers to Salma’s questions
What motivated you to blog?
As I explain in my About me page, I started blogging to share my experience and advice with entrepreneurs and project starter. I use to do lots of networking events where I meet many young entrepreneurs looking for feedbacks on their business and tips. The thing is you don’t have time to develop your thought in a 5 min catch up during an event. So my motivation comes from getting my mind together to help more entrepreneurs online and offline.
What is your most favourite part of blogging (writing, photography, comments, etc.)
My favourite part of blogging is looking for posts ideas. I like to remember entrepreneurs I met, questions they asked me and how I could help more people in their situation.
Are you upgrading your blog in terms of design/content, etc If so, what and why?
I started the blog less than 2 months ago and haven’t self-hosted it yet so this is clearly the next step. When it will be done I’d like to have a more personalised design, simple but a little bit more custom than now.
I also plan to add a new format soon, I am thinking about it since a few weeks and I am working on it for a more personal interaction.
Any advice/tips for others starting to blog?
First, I had lots of ideas and wanted to cover many topics – actually everything from marketing, entrepreneurship, investment, public speaking, management … I understand now that there is so much to cover I better focus on my core expertise. My advice would be: take your time to write maybe less content but with high value for your readers.
What is your best achievement so far or any recognition received?
I am working in a really specific and growing industry, you might have heard of Virtual Reality recently as it’s become more and more popular. A few years ago most people didn’t understand what I was working on but today I am regularly approached by people who ask me for advice on how to come in. This is a great step for me to be able to help others and to be recognised as an active member of this evolving community.
What are your favourite blogs/websites?
I start my day checking the news, first the most popular ones, then the international news, the business news and I finish with the new technologies articles which I can then share on my personal Social Media channels (here).
As many people, I am also a big fan of social media, particularly twitter, where I can discover blogs, share the latest news, exchange with influencers and hear about last minute events.
I love Japanese dishes, I regularly order makis and sushis from a local restaurant. As I’m French, I also enjoy having a cheese – bread – saucisson – wine dinner watching a movie or video games you tubers videos.
Three things that you can never leave home without?
My scarf (I’m not used to the wind yet)
A notebook with a pen
I am not a big fan of sports but I love running in the morning on a sunny day. As soon as the sky is too grey, too cold or there’s a light rain it becomes so hard to find the motivation to get out.
What is your dream destination?
I don’t really have one dream destination but there are a few trips I’d like to have such as driving an old car from the East coast to the West coast of the US, an Australian tour and an adventurous escape in Asia to visit Japan, Vietnam, China, Thailand.
Do you have a bucket list? If so, can you name a few on the list?
I don’t have any bucket list, I like to be spontaneous, always be learning and be able to do what I want to.
Blogs I’d like to nominate
(I know there is not 11 blogs here but I prefer to nominate blogs I enjoy and would like to encourage instead of listing as many
> Commanalysis – New media and communication
> Marisa from Krystian Science – Tech and science
> Tim from Digital Learning Thoughts – Learning with new medium
// I think he has more than 200 followers but I really enjoyed his latest posts and want to share it with you.
> Becca from Visibly Present – Startups and work life
… If you would like me to have a look at your blog and maybe nominate you soon, leave a comment below!
Last but not least: My 11 questions to those lovely bloggers
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What are our objectives and next milestones for your blog?
- What do you do besides blogging? Are you involved in many projects or hobbies?
- What are the 3 latest news or trends that excited you lately?
- What are your personal/professional objectives for the next 6 months?
- What are the last book you read and the next one you’d like to start reading?
- If you had extra time to do something you don’t have time for now, what would it be?
- Which skills would you like to improve/learn?
- What is your favourite social media or the one you use the most and why?
- What are the craziest things you have ever done?
- What are your daily habits to make the most of your day?
Thank you again for reading my blog, without YOU, I wouldn’t have been nominated for this award. For me, this is more than a chain to talk about you, earn more visibility and mention fellow bloggers.This is some kind of recognition for the time I spend every week working on this blog.