Entrepreneurs, if you decide to name our Business any other name that your own personal legal name, the name of your legal entity (LLC or INC corporation) then you must register your chosen business name with the correct government office in order to make your business legal.
This business registration is called “Doing Business As”, or DBA. It means that you John Smith are “doing business as” Hamptons Wine Shop. You will hear a DBA named called other terms such as fictitious business name, assumed name or trade name. All of these mean that you have filed the paperwork for your DBA business license and are using that name for your company dealings.
I like how simple LegalZoom makes the process by combining the services of a DBA Name Search, which must be done before filing your DBA application, into one low-cost service. I don’t know about you, but anytime I have to deal with government paperwork I avoid it like the plague. What a relief to have a proven company that will do quickly at an affordable rate starting at only $99.
Save 10% Legalzoom.com with discount coupon BEST4B
Why You Need a DBA – Doing Business As Filing
- Legally Required – The US government demands that if you are using any other name than your full personal name you must file for a DBA – doing business as – license to operate a business in your state
- Bank Account Must – Most banks will require your DBA certificate in order to open a business bank account.
- Expansion Possibilities – When you get a DBA Doing Business As, you can grow your business beyond your own personal name into a larger brand and company.
Bring your business to life with a DBA
To File Your DBA – Form Questions
All you have to do is take 15 minutes to complete a simple questionnaire consisting of easy to answer questions such as:
- What would you like to name your business?
- Are you registering a business name for the first time?
- In what state do you want to do business? If you will sell in multiple states, pick your home state.
- What type of business is yours – Individual Sole Proprietorship, Limited Liability Company LLC, Corporation or Partnership?
- What is your business address? Street address required. This can be your home address
>Check out my full review of Legalzoom.com and get a discount code
Legalzoom S Corp Review
Legalzoom Document Review: Contracts & Leases
Legalzoom for Power of Attorney Review
The post Legalzoom Review: Dba Sole Proprietorship appeared first on Best 4 Businesses.com.
This post first appeared on Small Business Blog For Entrepreneurs And Startups, please read the originial post: here