Get daily Current Affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has flagged-off first-ever train with glass roof coaches on Visakhapatnam-Araku route through video conferencing from Bhubaneswar.
The aim is to provide a delightful travelling experience of the picturesque Araku valley.
It is a 40-seat coach with a cost of Rs. 3.38 crore.
2. The Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) will launch its own portal and mobile app in New Delhi.
The portal will act as a one-stop for States’ Higher Education Plans, decision of the States’ Higher Education Councils and details of the resources under this scheme.
The gallery of the portal will provide a rich repository of the projects initiated under RUSA.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated Kiran Multi Super Speciality Hospital and Research Centre in Surat.
Apart from this, he will inaugurate a cattle feed plant and ice-cream plant of Sumul Dairy in Bijapur village of Tapi district.
4. After incidents of flight delay and assault on its employees, Air India has proposed to introduce new rules on passengers.
Air India has proposed to impose a fine ranging from Rs. 5 to Rs 15. lakh on unruly passengers who cause delays to flights before or after landing.
FIR/police complaint to be filed immediately under the relevant section of the IPC.
Training will be imparted to airport/ security staff on the handling of unruly passengers.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Nepal and China has begun the first-ever joint military exercise Sagarmatha Friendship-2017 from 16th April 2017 with a special focus on combating terror and disaster management.
The 10-day-long military drill that will last till 25th April 2017.
Sagarmatha is the Nepali name of Mount Everest, the world’s highest peak, that is bordering between Nepal and China.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth clinched his maiden Super Series title at the Singapore Open.
He defeated compatriot K Srikanth in a historic final.
2. National badminton coach Pullela Gopichand’s daughter Gayathri Gopichand has bagged both the singles and doubles crown at the Pembangunan Jaya Raya Junior Grand Prix in Jakarta.
Gayatri scored 21-11 18-21 21-16 over her doubles partner Samiya Farooqui to win the girls U-15 singles title.
3. Sebastian Vettel claimed a well-judged victory for Ferrari in the Bahrain Grand Prix for his second win of the season.
v The 29-year-old four-time champion has won by three seconds from three-time champion Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Padma Shri Dipa Karmakar, Olympic medalist Sakshi Malik and actor Alia Bhatt have made it to the Forbes’ Under 30 Achievers List.
The list features 300 impressive young entrepreneurs in 10 categories, including entertainment, finance and venture capital, retail, social entrepreneurs and enterprise technology.
With 53 Indians on the list, the country is second only to China which has 76 achievers.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. According to a new World Bank report titled Globalization Backlash -India’s gross domestic product is expected to spike to 7.2% in the 2017-’18 financial year from 6.8% the previous fiscal.
The international agency forecast that India’s economic growth will rise gradually to 7.7% in 2019-2020.
2. Inflation based on the Wholesale price index (WPI) slipped to 5.70% in March.
The WPI inflation, reflecting the annual rate of price rise, in February was 6.55%.
3. The rupee was trading lower by 3 paise at 64.44 against the U.S. dollar in early trade on foreign fund outflows.
width="250" height="200" />
The domestic unit closed higher by 26 paise at 64.41 in the previous session on account of fresh selling of the American currency by exporters, besides a weakness in the greenback overseas.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. A MoU was signed between the National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) and the Development Commissioner (Handlooms) in New Delhi.
The objective of this MoU is to help Scheduled Caste weavers and their families by promoting the production and marketing of high value, quality handlooms products at Block Level Cluster in various States like Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Odisha.
Science & Technology:
1. China’s first cargo spacecraft Tianzhou-1 is to be launched into space between 20th April – 24th April to dock with the orbiting experimental space station.
width="250" height="200" />
The cargo spacecraft was transferred with a Long March-7 Y2 carrier rocket from the testing centre to the launch zone in Wenchang.
1. World Haemophilia Day is observed every year on 17th April to raise awareness about the disease and increase the availability of its treatment around the world.
The theme for 2017 is Lighting it up Red.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Robert Taylor, a pioneer of Modern Computing and the Internet has passed away at the age of 85.
He was instrumental in creating the internet and the modern personal computer.
Taylor’s engineering team was also responsible for the development of Ethernet and a word processing program, Microsoft Word.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Follow us on Facebook and YouTube. Also, comment your views.
Image Courtesy: Google Images
This post first appeared on IBPS PO 2015 Exam Syllabus & Question Paper Patter, please read the originial post: here