Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Ministry of Road transport and Highways will host the Grand Finale of the Smart India Hackathon 2017 at Nagpur on 1st and 2nd April 2017.
It aims to harnesses the creativity and expertise of students, build funnel for Startup India, Standup India campaigns.
2. Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurated high-speed rail wire Wi-Fi facility in National Rail museum, New Delhi.
He also launched a book Indian Railways- The Weaving of a National Tapestry authored by Bibek Debroy, Sanjay and Vidya Krishnamurthi.
3. Kerala, Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh have joined Ujjwal Discom Assurance Yojna. With this, 26 states have joined the scheme.
Kerala, Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura will gain net benefits of approximately Rs.4,178 crore, Rs.309 crore and Rs.810 crore respectively.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has become the world’s second-richest person, with the net worth of $75.6 billion according to Bloomberg’s Billionaire Index.
Bezos’ fortune spiked a day after Amazon announced plans to purchase Dubai-based e-commerce platform Souq.com.
2. The Argentine Senate gave final legislative approval to a bill that permits the medicinal use of marijuana.
The measure was accepted unanimously by the senators with 58 votes in favour.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has suspended Mohammad Irfan for a year and also fined one million rupees ($9,500).
He was banned for violating the sport’s anti-corruption code during the Pakistan Super League T20.
2. Tamil Nadu defeated India B by 42 runs in the final to clinch the Deodhar Trophy at the ACA-VDCA stadium in Visakhapatnam.
Tamil Nadu has scored 303/9 in 50 overs and India B was bowled out for 261 in 46.1 overs.
3. Chennai’s Srinath Narayanan is set to become India’s 46th Grandmaster at the ongoing Sharjah Masters 2017 chess tournament.
He defeated Spanish GM David Anton Guijarro.
4. Turkish middle and long-distance runner Elvan Abeylegesse was stripped of two Olympic silver medals and one world silver after a re-analysis of an in-competition doping test dating back to 2007.
Books & Authors:
1. Mr. Babar Afzal’s book 6 Time Thinner was inaugurated at Pashmina Art Exhibition by J & K governor N.N. Vohra.
The title indicates the thickness of the pashmina strand being 6 times thinner than the human hair.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Axis Bank has tied up with Wells Fargo to transfer money from the Indian diaspora with an account with the Wells Fargo, to their relatives back home.
Under the arrangement will be no transaction fee applicable to the money transfers from the USA.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Global investment bank Nomura has appointed Prabhat Awasthi as its new India head.
Awasthi, who is currently Head of Equities, India, will replace Vikas Sharma as the country head from 1st April 2017.
2. Sunaina Singh has been appointed as the new vice-chancellor of Nalanda University by the president.
She is currently head of the English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU) in Hyderabad.
She will replace Vijay P Bhatkar as the university’s chancellor.
3. United Nations has appointed former South Carolina Governor David Beasley to run the Rome-based World Food Programme (WFP).
He will replace another American, Ertharin Cousin, who has been the WFP executive director since 2012.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched a new zero balance digital banking account called 811, free of cost which is linked to Aadhaar system.
The 811 account can be opened through the mobile phone using the Aadhaar one-time password authentication and an income tax pan number.
It will offer 6% interest per annum.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Lok Sabha has passed four Goods and Services Tax (GST) Bills.
The Central Goods and Services Tax Bill, 2017.
The Integrated Goods and Services Tax Bill, 2017.
The Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Bill, 2017.
The Goods and Services Tax Bill, 2017 (The Compensation Bill).
2. Parliament has passed Finance Bill 2017 after Lok Sabha negating all the five amendments made by the Rajya Sabha.
The bill gives effect to the financial proposals of the central government announced in the budget for the financial year 2017-18.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Follow us on Facebook and YouTube. Also, comment your views.
Image Courtesy: Google Images
This post first appeared on IBPS PO 2015 Exam Syllabus & Question Paper Patter, please read the originial post: here