See Yourself Working
A few characteristics of the Beauty industry that make it irresistible for some are the fact that beauty pros have a lot of opportunity to be creative, artistic, and they get to have a lot of fun! Also, beauty pros get to work with and talk to a lot of amazing people each and every day. If you’re a people person and love interacting with others this is a big deal.
Another factor that people think about a lot when considering a career in the beauty industry is if they can make a comfortable living. Everyone who has gone to beauty school thought about this before enrolling. Here are some of the things that convinced them that a beauty career was a good idea.
Beauty School Can Be an Amazing Education
At The Studio Academy of Beauty, we have a cosmetology and an esthetics program. In each of these programs students can learn very specific skills to help them build a career in the beauty industry. They can also learn business skills specifically for the beauty industry.
In addition to getting the skills needed to start a career in the beauty industry, students can finish school much faster than traditional four year college students can. TSAOB cosmetology students can finish school in as little as 16 months or 4 months for esthetics students. This means you can be making money in an industry you love long before your friends even get their associate’s degree.
The Job Possibilities
Another amazing benefit of building a career in the beauty industry is the exciting types of jobs. Here is a small list of jobs that you can pursue with a cosmetology license:
- Salon hairstylist
- Platform artist
- Product company educator or sales representative
- Salon manager
- Salon corporate or regional executive
- Personal stylist
- Fashion show or editorial hair and makeup pro
These are a few examples of jobs that licensed beauty pros could go for, but there are many more.
You Can Be Your Own Boss
Another possible career opportunity for licensed beauty pros is to build your own business and become your own boss. Here are some of the ways that you could accomplish this with your cosmetology or esthetics license:
- Open your own salon – While this option may be more costly than some of the others, you can learn everything you need to know to do this in beauty school. Licensing, regulations, and good salon business practices are all things that you can learn to help you start your own salon.
- Go freelance – Freelance is a great way to become self employed while not having to put up a bunch of cash. You can do hair and makeup for weddings, photoshoots, editorials, or other special events. The nice thing about this option is that you get your clients by marketing online, through social media, and by word-of-mouth which means you can save money on renting or leasing a salon space. You also don’t have to worry about paying other employees.
- Rent a booth – There are a lot of places that rent individual rooms or booths to licensed beauty professionals. It’s much less expensive than opening your own full blown salon, but still gives you all the control and benefits of being your own boss.
While starting your own business can be a lot of hard work, it can also be very rewarding. You get to control the way things are done and you can set your own work schedule.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, about half of barbers, hairdressers, and cosmetologists were self employed in 2014! If you’ve always had the entrepreneurial spirit or wanted to be self-employed, the beauty industry is a fantastic place to do this.
See Yourself Cashing in Beauty Industry Style
Getting those paychecks is closer than you think with a career in beauty industry. With some passion and dedication you could be getting paid to do something that you already love. Contact us if you’re ready to follow your dreams of becoming a beauty industry leader. We can help get you started on your journey. We can’t wait to hear from you!
The post What Working in the Beauty Industry Looks Like appeared first on .