Introduction to Anaconda version
Anaconda basically is used for scientific computing which includes machine learning, large data processing, data science, predictive analytic, etc. In short, it is a distribution for R and Python programming language and it basically focuses and aims to provide the deployment management and packaging, its initial release comes in the year 2017, with a stable release in the year 2021/05, initially it comes up with the 250 installed packages and we can install additional packages using Pypl, it also provides us a GUI which is known as Anaconda Navigator which can bethink as the alternative for the CLI (Command Line interface). also now the latest version for Anaconda is 2020.11, this. In the coming section of the tutorial, we will see the different versions for Anaconda, in detail for better understanding and also the step to install it and get started for beginners.
Versions of Anaconda
In this section we will see a list of versions for Anaconda, with the points that have been added to the release and so on, so let’s get started with it see below;
First, we will start from the initial release which is 0.8.0, after that, they have come up with below list of versions out of which a few of them are mentioned below;
1) 2012-07-17: 0.8.1: In this release, they fix a few of the below-mentioned things;
a) They have added tests for all the C extension modules
b) fix lzo support
c) fix ctypes error
2) 2012-07-18: 0.8.2: With this release also have as, remove, and fixed the below-mentioned points from the release;
a) remove scikits namespace
b) added set up files
c) added disco config
d) support for anaconda command, by which we can get the version information
3) 2012-07-18: 0.8.3: With this release, we have below mention things in place :
a) lot of Improvement in testing
b) update script , etc/init.d/disco
c) fix disco config
d) packages option added to anaconda command
e) add fixes to disco, patch, etc.
4) 2012-08-21: 0.9.0: Below mentioned the version changes for this release;
a) come up with Updating for the several other packages
b) also they have added macOS support.
c) added other packages and bitey
5) 2012-09-06: 1.0.0: With this release, we have so many changes out of them few are mentioned below for reference;
a) they have enabled building versions based on free and premium
b) added support for the Windows
c) now we can install the installer from the different locations as well.
d) also they have removed the useless files, at the time of installation itself.
e) update in pandas, scikits-image from specific version to version.
f) updating into the disco files, path, etc.
6) 2012-11-13: 1.2.0: Now let’s jump to the 1.2.0 version after that we will directly go to a different version let’s get started ;
a) updating for libpng, matplotlib h5py , IOPro etc.
b) update for the above from specific version to version
c) performance improvement
d) feature added
e) add py, pytest, MDP, NLTK, etc.
f) also improved the anaconda package management
7) 2013-05-08: 1.5.0 this version comes up with various fixed, improvements, enhancement, etc. which we will be discussing in this point for better understating let’s get started to see below;
a) enhancement such as added anaconda to the system path
b) also one of the other enhancements is added anaconda as the default version
c) added config options
d) update for python, matplotlib, numpy, astropy, and many more.
e) they have also fixed many of the bugs such as python config before were not using the correct interface for the macOS.
f) they have also from this version removed the hard-coded location from the shared libpng on macOS etc.
g) added missing runtime windows installers
8) 2020.11: below are the major changes related to this release are follows;
a) they have updated the anaconda navigator to the new version that is 1.10.0
b) update in PyCharm, basically to text and links.
c) they have removed libllvm9
d) also removed snappy
9) 2020.07: After this, we have another version for anaconda which is basically this, let’s discuss each of the points in detail see below;
a) updating for EULA, PyCharm again related to the text and links for GUI installer
b) fixed many issues related to win-32 and win-64 base environment
c) Python 3.8 will be now used as the base and the installer environment.
d) they have removed so many of the packages few of them are, pytest-arraydiff, pytest-arraydiff, hypothesis, pytest-openfiles, and many more.
10) 2020.02: now we will going to discuss the changes related to this version, so let’s get started;
a) updating to anaconda navigator
b) update to the GUI
c) support for windows 7
d) changed the name to Anaconda Individual Edition
11) 2019.10: Let’s discuss more this specific release with improvement, see below
a) updating for various package
b) change default package install directory for macOS
c) few back end improvements as well, which includes Extraction scripts, which helps to work better with the older operating system
d) added python wrapper for the cleanup library
e) added new packages such as tbb, ripgrep, etc.
12) 2019.07: let’s take a closer look at this release changes in detail see below;
a) updating for documentation, which includes integration, tutorials, navigation for easier use, etc.
b) updated packages, which include ML/AI packs and R package as well.
c) updating on conda file which is now compatible with .conda file format
13) 2019.03: let’s discuss more this release with different updates see below;
a) Improvements with performing on winddowns much fast now
b) it includes conda version as 4.6
c) few backend improvements.
d) improvements with regards to DLL handling of conflicts library
e) now we can fully integrate conds with the Windows Powershell.
We can go to the list of versions available in this article and compare each of them what are the enhancement, bug fix, and improvement that comes with each of the releases, this is easy to read, understand and install as well by the developers.
This is a guide to Anaconda version. Here we discuss the different versions for Anaconda, in detail for better understanding and also the step to install it. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –
- Joomla Version
- CodeIgniter Version
- Tree Traversal Python
- DB2 Version
The post Anaconda version appeared first on EDUCBA.