Daily Current Affairs of 6th October 2019
International Current Affairs
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will leave for France tomorrow on a 2-day visit.
- During this visit, he will meet French President Emmanuel Macron.
- Later, he will participate in the Rafale fighter aircraft handing over ceremony at Merignac along with French Minister of Armed Forces, Florence Parly.
- He will also perform the Shastra Puja on the auspicious occasion of Vijayadashami and fly a sortie in the Rafale fighter aircraft.
- The Minister is also scheduled to hold the Annual Defence Dialogue with the French Minister of Armed Forces.
- In Nepal, the festival of Fulpati is being celebrated with gaiety and religious fervour today.
- Note : Nepali, "Ful" means flower and "Pati" means leaves and plants.
- Fulpati is observed on the 7th day of Dashain festival. In
- Hong Kong has used a colonial-era emergency law to ban face masks after months of angry protests.
- Protesters have often worn face masks to hide their identity.
- The measure was announced today, after the city saw widespread violence on 1 October, the 70th anniversary of Communist Party rule in China.
National Current Affairs
- Union Minister Harsh Vardhan today announced that 'Green Crackers', on which the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) had been working, will be available this year.
- Important Note : Particulate Matter (PM) emission in green crackers is 30% lesser than ordinary crackers.
- Goa is going to host the 50th International Film Festival of India (IFFI 2019) from 20th to 28th November 2019.
- Over 200 best films from 76 countries, 26 feature films and 15 non-feature films in the Indian Panorama section will be screened at the film festival.
Banking, Business & Economic Affairs
- The finance ministry will kick-start the exercise to prepare annual Budget for 2020-21 from October 14.
- According to a Budget Circular of the Budget Division of the Finance Ministry's Department of Economic Affairs, the pre-Budget or Revised Estimate meetings will begin on 14th of this month.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to make it mandatory for large non-bank Prepaid Payment Instrument (PPI) issuers to institute an internal ombudsman, to improve their redressal process for consumer complaints.
- The directive will cover issuers with more than 1 crore in PPIs outstanding.
- Digital wallet startups and operators like PhonePe, Amazon Pay and Mobikwik will reportedly fall under the mandate's scope.
- The Economic Offences Wing of Mumbai Police has arrested former chairman of Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank Waryam Singh, in connection with the alleged 4,355 crore rupees scam at the bank.
- Former managing director of the bank, Joy Thomas, has been remanded to police custody till 17th of October.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will inaugurate the National e-Assessment Centre (NeAC) in New Delhi tomorrow.
- The setting up of NeAC of the Income Tax Department is a momentous step towards larger objectives of better taxpayer service, reduction of grievances in line with the Prime Minister’s vision of Digital India and promotion of ease of doing business.
- Actress-singer Diahann Carroll (84), who is known for her role in 1960s show 'Julia', passed away due to cancer.
- Carroll earned a nomination for the 1975 Oscars in the Best Actress in a Leading Role category for 1974 film 'Claudine'.
- She was also the first black woman to win a Tony Award in 1962.
Awards & Honors
- Actress Tannishtha Chatterjee was awarded the Asia Star Award for her directorial debut 'Roam Rome Mein' at the Busan International Film Festival. "Couldn't have asked for anything better," Tannishtha said in a statement. The film, which also features Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the lead role, was screened under 'A Window on Asian Cinema' section of the festival.
- Justice Lingappa Narayana Swamy was sworn in as the Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court today.
- He was administered the oath of office by Governor Bandaru Dattatraya in a simple but impressive ceremony held at Raj Bhawan in Shimla.
Sports Current Affairs
- World number one Novak Djokovic clinched the Japan Open tennis 2019 title today by defeating Australian qualifier John Millman in straight sets.
Download PDF Version of 6th October 2019 Current Affairs from HERE
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here
Download June 2019 Month's Current Affairs PDF File from HERE (New)