Read More -->>
Friends, here are the Major Current Affairs Highlights of January 2019. These one-liners cover all important International, National, MOUs, Indexes, Banking, Technology, Books & Authors, Committees and Sports affairs of January month (from 1st to 31st January 2019). You will get pdf version of this list by tonight. All the Best and Happy Reading :)
January 2019 Current Affairs Highlights (One-Liners)
- 1st India-Central Asia Dialogue was held in Samarkand (Uzbekistan) during 12th & 13th January 2019. The Dialogue was co-chaired by External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj and the Foreign Minister of Uzbekistan, Abdulaziz Kamilov.
- 1st January 2019 was observed as 52nd World Day of Peace with the theme “Good Politics is at the Service of Peace”.
- 2002 batch UP Cadre IPS officer, Aparna Kumar became the 1st woman IPS officer to reach the South Pole.
- 10 year old Abhinav Shaw became the youngest gold medallist in shooting at the Khelo India Youth Games in Pune .
- 10th National Girl Child Day was observed on 24th January 2019. Theme of National Girl Child Day 2019 : 'Empowering Girls for a Brighter Tomorrow'.
- 25 states achieved 100 percent household electrification under Centre’s ‘Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana’ (Saubhagya), upto end of 2018. Only about 10 Lakh households are left to be electrified in 4 States viz., Assam, Rajasthan, Meghalaya and Chhattisgarh.
- 26th January 2019 was observed as International Customs Day with the theme “SMART borders for seamless Trade, Travel and Transport."
- 27th January 2019 was observed as International Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust with the theme “Holocaust Remembrance: Demand and Defend Your Human Rights”.