Currently CEO of Holsman International, a manufacturing and investment company, Fore also served
as Undersecretary of State for Management, the Chief Operating Officer for the United States Department of State. She was the first woman to be appointed Administrator of the US Agency for International Development and Director of US Foreign Assistance in the Department of State.
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has confirmed Fore's appointment. She will replace Anthony Lake, the present ED of Unicef, on January 1, 2018. With this, she will become the seventh Executive Director of UNICEF.
About UNICEF :
- Full form : United Nations Childrens' Fund
- Parent Organization : United Nations
- Established on : 11th December 1946
- Headquarters : New York City, Geneva
- Present ED (6th) : Anthony Lake
- Newly Appointed ED (7th) : Henrietta Fore [from 1st January 2018]