Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (19th October 2017) Important Current Affairs updates. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 19th October 2017
International Current Affairs
- The upper house of the French Parliament today adopted a New Anti-Terror law that allows police to search homes without warrants, restrict movement and close places of worship.
- This law will replace the state of emergency imposed in France after the 2015 Paris terror attacks.
- As many as 29 nuclear reactors in France are vulnerable to natural disasters, the country's nuclear safety watchdog has warned today.
- While 20 nuclear reactors are at risk of a "total loss of the heat sink", 9 are at risk of "partial loss". Earlier, the company operating the country's nuclear reactors said 20 reactors might not be able to withstand earthquakes.
National Current Affairs
- India celebrates Diwali, the Festival of Lights, today.
- The Supreme Court has made it mandatory for the Indian Railways to keep Oxygen Cylinders in all trains to help passengers suffering from respiratory problems.
- The railway officials have also been directed to take assistance of AIIMS doctors, in order to learn how to provide medical treatment to the passengers if they fall ill on a moving train.