Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (28th June 2017) Important Current Affairs updates. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 28th June 2017
International Current Affairs
- To combat rising pollution and climate change, China has officially started building the world's first 'Forest City'.
- The Liuzhou Forest City is expected to absorb nearly 10,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide annually and produce 900 tonnes of oxygen.
- Set to be completed in 2020, the energy self-sufficient city will house 30,000 people, 40,000 trees and nearly 1 million plants.
- US President Donald Trump has reaffirmed the support of the United States for India's permanent membership on a reformed UN Security Council.
- The remarks were made following Modi and Trump's meeting at the White House.
- India is drafting a policy to safeguard its interests in Antarctica and is going to present it at the winter session of the Parliament.
- Note : Being a consultative member of the Antarctic Treaty, it is important for India to have clear directives to guide its activities in the region.
MOUs & Agreements
- India and the Netherlands have signed 3 MOUs after the meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Dutch counterpart Mark Rutte.
- The signed MOUS are :
- MOU on Amending Social Security Arrangement
- MOU on Cultural Cooperation
- MOU on Water Cooperation