Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (18th February 2017) Important Current Affairs updates. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 18th February 2017
International Current Affairs
- Vice President Hamid Ansari today left on a 5-day visit to Rwanda and Uganda.
- During this visit, he will hold bilateral talks with the leadership of the two East African nations besides attending a host of events.
- His two-nation tour also seeks to broaden India's diplomatic footprint in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Note : This is the first high-level visit from India to Rwanda.
- Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi announced the launch of military operations to retake west Mosul from the Islamic State group today, four months into a massive offensive on the city.
- South Asian Speakers’ Summit ended today in Indore.
- This summit was inaugurated by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan yesterday.
- This summit was attended by presiding officers and delegates from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives and Nepal.
- It was concluded with the adoption of an 'Indore Declaration' - laying down the outcome of the discussions and action points agreed upon by the participants - at a closing ceremony today.
- India has sanctioned a soft loan of 340 million US dollars to Nepal for various infrastructure development programmes.
- Indian Ambassador to Nepal Ranjit Rae handed over the approval papers to Physical Infrastructure and Transport Minister of Nepal Ramesh Lekhak in the presence of Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu.
- Note : Under this programme Mahalaki bridge and 15 roads will be constructed in various parts of Nepal.