Read More -->>
- The World Trade Organization (WTO) today announced that India has complained to the international trade regulator regarding the support given to the renewable energy industry in eight US states.
- In this regard, India told the WTO that the US’ subsidies and domestic content requirements are inconsistent with WTO norms as they favour domestic products over imported goods.
- India, and 21 other countries have been designated as ‘Major Illicit Drug Producing Countries’ by US President Barack Obama.
- Other countries in the list include Pakistan, Bahamas, Afghanistan, and Mexico, among others.
- Following an agreement between the US and Russia, a nationwide ceasefire went into effect in Syria today's evening.
- This is the second attempt this year by Washington and Moscow to halt the five-year-old civil war.