Important Current Affairs December 30,31 One liner
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi renamed three islands of Andaman and Nicobar on the occasion of 75th anniversary of Tricolour hoisting by Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose[on Dec 30, 1943] in Port Blair.
- 1) The Ross Island renamed – Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Dweep, 2) The Neil Island renamed – Shaheed Dweep and 3) The Havelock Island renamed – Swaraj Dweep.
- Madhya Pradesh state government has decided to form a new Spiritual Department.
- In Meghalaya, a joint operation by the Indian Navy and the NDRF to rescue the trapped miners began.
- An exhibition ‘Dandi Yatra’, which is a part of the celebrations of the 150th birth anniversary of father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi, was inaugurated in New Delhi.
- Thoothukkudi (Tuticorin) Airport to be declared as the fifth international airport in Tamil Nadu.
- Storm Usman that resulted in heavy rain and triggered deadly landslides hit the Bicol region in Manila, Philippines.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, PMAY loan subsidy for middle-income group has been extended till 31st March 2020.
- Mobile phone-based solution to help visually impaired identify banknotes.
ICC Test Player Rankings
- Batsmen – 1) Virat Kohli
- Bowler – 1) Kagiso Rabada
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate 106th Indian Science Congress-2019 in Jalandhar, Punjab on the third of next month.
- Theme ‘Future India: Science and Technology’.
- HRD Ministry has launched national level Kala Utsav to promote arts in schools.
- HRD Ministry has taken several initiatives to promote National Integration under Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat.
- Sports Ministry embarks Rs 100 Cr for funding athletes under TOPS.
- The 10th R R Lakshya Cup, an international shooting competition, will be held at Karnala.
- Third edition of women’s national boxing championships begins in Vijayanagara, Karnataka.
- India beat Australia by 137 runs in the third cricket test at Melbourne.
- New Zealand crush Sri Lanka by 423 runs in the second Test in Christchurch.
- ICC announced women’s ODI and T20I teams of the year 2018. New Zealand’s Suzie Bates was named as captain of the one day team and Harmanpreet Kaur of India appointed captain of the T20 team.
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs
To Download Detailed Current Affairs
To Download 2018 Current Affairs Quiz