Important Current Affairs August 28 2018 – One liner
- Union Minister of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, Anant G. Geete inaugurated two charging stations, one for fast charging (DC) and the other for slow charging (AC), in Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The Union government has sanctioned a mega dairy project of 3 lakh litres capacity to be set up as part of the expansion of Karimnagar Dairy run by Karimnagar Milk Producer Company Limited under the Pradhana Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana scheme.
- Punjab state Assembly unanimously passed Bills for an amendment to the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPc) to make sacrilege of all religious texts punishable with life imprisonment.
- A team of scientists from the U.S.-based Geotechnical Extreme Events Reconnaisance (GEER) Association is arriving on September 3 to investigate the impact of the torrential rains that wreaked havoc across Kerala.
- Gaganyaan – India’s First Indian human mission will be launched by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) by 2022.
- Scientists have set a new Guinness World Record by creating the smallest medical robot – a device measuring just 120 nanometres that could assist in future cancer and Alzheimer’s treatments.
- Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways & Coal, inaugurates Smart Railway Conclave organised by FICCI, in New Delhi.
- Pavan Shah replaced Aryan Juyal – Captain of the India under-19 cricket squad for the Asia Cup
- Satya Tripathi – Assistant Secretary-General & Head of New York Office of UNEP
- The Government of India and the World Bank signed a $220 million Loan Agreement and a $80 million Guarantee Agreement for the India Energy Efficiency Scale-Up Program.
- The Government of India, the Government of Rajasthan and the World Bank signed a $250 million Development Policy Loan (DPL) to support the Government of Rajasthan in improving the performance of its Electricity Distribution Sector under the State’s 24×7 Power for All program.
Asian Games 2018
- Both Indian women’s and men’s compound team won silver medal in archery.
- P.V. Sindhu won silver in women’s badminton.
- India won silver in the mixed 4x400m relay through Muhammed Anas, M.R. Poovamma, Hima Das and Arokia Rajiv.
- Manjit Singh wins gold, Jinson Johnson silver in Men’s 800m
- India bagged two medals in Kurash, a form of wrestling indigenous to central Asia, with Pincky Balhara and Malaprabha Yallappa Jadhav winning silver and bronze
- The Indian men’s table tennis team comprising G. Sathiyan, Achanta Sharath Kamal and A. Amalraj won bronze medal
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs
To Download Detailed Current Affairs
To Download 2018 July Month Current Affairs Quiz PDF