Daily Current Affairs – August 24 2018
TRIBES India Outlets to open at Ahmedabad, Udaipur and Kolkata airports
- The Airport Authority of India has allotted space at Ahmedabad, Udaipur and Kolkata airports for opening of Tribes India outlets.
Government imposes standard environment clearing conditions for 25 sectors
- The government has imposed standard conditions for as many as 25 sectors like steel, coal and oil, seeking environment clearance (EC) for expansion of existing projects or new projects.
ICOMOS launches initiative to save cultural heritage damaged in flood-hit Kerala
- The International Council on Monuments and Sites [ICOMOS], a global monument conservation body, has launched an initiative to assess the damage to the rich cultural and built heritage in flood-devastated Kerala and set up an emergency response platform.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
First Indian company to cross Rs 8 lakh crore market cap
- Reliance Industries becomes first Indian company to cross Rs 8 lakh crore market cap
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
One-Day Refresher Programme for Insolvency Professionals
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) Chairperson Dr. M. S. Sahoo inaugurated one-day refresher programme for insolvency professionals supported by Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- Scott Morrison – Australia’s new Prime Minister
- Chief Justice S.J. Vazifdar – Head a committee constituted by the tribunal to decide on Vedanta Ltd’s by the National Green Tribunal (NGT)
- Lalchand Rajput – Head coach of Zimbabwe’s national cricket team
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
2nd Protocol Amending India – Singapore CECA Signed
- India and Singapore signed the Second Protocol amending the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (CECA) in New Delhi will boost bilateral trade between India and Singapore.
Punjab cabinet approves bill for price stabilisation fund
- The Punjab cabinet approved a bill for creation of a price stabilisation fund which will ensure state farmers get minimum support price (MSP).
Launch of ‘Speedex’ Contract by IAF
- The Stores, Proactive, Efficient and Expeditious Despatch of Extra Size/ Wt Consignment (SPEEDEX) contract was formally launched today by Air Marshal RKS Shera to overcome the delay in piecemeal dispatch of consignment and to move operationally urgent stores by air and normal consignments by surface mode.
Opening Ceremony Exercise SCO Peace Mission 2018
- Exercise Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Peace Mission 2018, opening ceremony was conducted on 24 August 2018 at Chebarkul, Russia with military contingents of the all eight SCO member nations participating in this exercise.
Asian Games 2018
- India loses to Iran in women’s kabaddi
- Heena Sidhu won bronze in the women’s 10m air pistol, her maiden Asian Games individual medal
- Indian rower’s team comprising Sawarn Singh, Dattu Bhokanal, Om Prakash and Sukhmeet Singh won the gold medal in men’s quadruple sculls.
- Rohan Bopanna, Divij Sharan their maiden men’s tennis doubles gold medal.
- India bagged two bronze medals in rowing through Rohit Kumar and Bhagwan Singh
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download Pocket Current Affairs
To Download 2018 July Month Current Affairs Quiz PDF