Two fellowships, funded by way of the UK Scientific Analysis Council (MRC) and GSK, respectively, supply beef up for 2 years coaching in scientific statistics. For the primary 12 months the a hit candidates will find out about for the MSc stage in Scientific Statistics on the London College of Tropical Drugs and Hygiene (LSHTM). This might be adopted by way of a one-year skilled attachment at one of the most African centres related to the analysis programme of the MRC Tropical Epidemiology Workforce (TEG) at LSHTM. All through the pro attachment, coaching Fellows will expand their statistical and analysis talents by way of running on research with steering from TEG scientists.
This beef up is meant to foster excellence within the box of scientific statistics and epidemiology in sub-Saharan Africa.
To be eligible, applicants should:
(i) be resident in and a countrywide of a rustic in sub-Saharan Africa
(ii) be in ownership of a very good stage in arithmetic or statistics
(iii) have a minimum of 1 12 months of labor revel in in scientific statistics or epidemiology
Enhance might not be given as a complement to different investment, nor to scholars who’ve investment from different resources.
- The fellowship will supply prices for charges, stipend (£16,400 in step with annum) and go back air go back and forth.
Tips on how to Observe for the Fellowship:
- Applicants must whole an software shape and supply a curriculum vitae, two references, and an educational transcript. An software shape and referee shape will also be downloaded by way of clicking at the hyperlinks.
- The ultimate date for programs is 13th April 2018. Packages gained after the ultimate date might not be regarded as. Quick-listed applicants might be interviewed by way of phone.
- Finished software bureaucracy, curriculum vitas, educational transcripts and references must be emailed to: [email protected] kingdom
- Please come with “TEG Fellowship Software” and your title within the matter line.
Additional knowledge at the MSc in Scientific Statistics will also be discovered at the path web page: MSc Scientific Statistics
Casual inquiries regarding the scholarship will also be made to John Bradley (e-mail: [email protected] kingdom).
Casual enquiries regarding the MSc will also be made to the Admissions Tutors, Jenny Nicholas and Amy Mulick (e-mail: [email protected] kingdom)
For Extra Data:
Seek advice from the Reliable Webpage of the LSHTM 2018 Postgraduate Coaching Fellowship in Scientific Statistics