COVID-19 is spreading globally. Coronavirus disease is named by the World Health Organisation on 11th February, 2020 as “COVID-19“. World Health Organisation (WHO) declared a global emergency on 30 January, 2020.
Here we have shared a Coronavirus Quiz, Coronavirus General Knowledge Questions PDF for all exams like SSC, Railway, Banking, UPSC, State PCS and other competitive exams.
1. Which of the following diseases are related to coronavirus?
C. Both A and B
D. Neither A nor B
Explanation: Coronavirus may cause illness from the common cold to more other serious diseases like Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
2. The first case of novel coronavirus was identified in .....
C. Wuhan, Hubei
Explanation: The first case of novel coronavirus was identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China.
3. What is Coronavirus?
A. It is a large family of viruses.
B. It belongs to the family of Nidovirus.
C. Both A and B are correct
D. Only A is correct.
Explanation: Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses and belong to the Nidovirus family or Nidovirales order, which includes Coronaviridae, Arteriviridae, and Roniviridae families.
4. Name a clinical trial in which blood is transfused from recovered COVID-19 patients to a coronavirus patient who is in critical condition?
A. Plasma Therapy
Explanation: Plasma Therapy or Convalescent Plasma Therapy is a clinical trial in which blood is transfused from recovered COVID-19 patients to a coronavirus patient who is in critical condition.
5. World Health Organisation on 11 February, 2020 announced an official name for the disease that is causing the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak? What is the new name of the disease?
Explanation:WHO named the disease that is caused by the novel coronavirus as COVID-19.
6. The first case of novel coronavirus was identified in …..
C. Wuhan, Hubei
Explanation:The first case of novel coronavirus was identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China.
7. From where coronavirus got its name?
A. Due to their crown-like projections.
B. Due to their leaf-like projections.
C. Due to their surface structure of bricks.
D. None of the above
Explanation:Due to their crown-like projections on the surfaces coronaviruses got their name. The virus resembles a crown when viewed under an electron microscope. “Corona” in Latin means “halo” or “crown”.
8. What are the symptoms of the Coronavirus ?
Answer–Sneezing, Running Nose, Cough and in some rare cases fever, sore throat, asthma etc.
9. When was Coronavirus first identified ?
Answer –Coronavirus was first Identified in 1960s.
10. How did Coronavirus get It’s name ?
Answer – Coronavirus gets It’s name for their crown like shape.