Romantic Activities to be enjoyed in
Lots and lots has been said about this magnificent state in
. One of the most popular tourist destinations around the globe. India Goa has a lot to offer to each and every tourist, may it be a family, a bachelor or a couple on a honeymoon.
We shall not go into the details of this state and its tourist attractions as a whole but will try to give some Romantic activities that can be enjoyed in this City of beaches.
· As Goa is famous for its beaches, enjoy your stay in
Goa visiting some of the best that this state has to offer. Just change into your swimming costume or go bare (not allowed officially, but can be seen on some beaches in Goa) and enjoy the feel of the cool and pristine waters. After a swim, lay out under your sun umbrella with your partner and watch the various beach activities. Soaking under the sun, on the magnificent beaches bordered with palm and coconut trees and the white sand underneath you can be the most romantic experience in Goa. If you desire, you can even have a sip of coconut from the local vendors or even have a body massage ! Popular Beaches – Calangute beach (Bagga) , Colva Beach, Anjuna Beach, or Dona Paula Beach. Vagatore Beach
· Participate in various beach sports like Volley-ball, hand-ball or other water-sports activities like Paragliding, parasailing, fishing, banana rides, water skiing, diving or Dolphin and Crocodile watch. Take a day off for enjoying these games which can truly be a great experience.
Goa is popular for its vibrant and exciting nightlife. Enjoy the beach parties that go on after sunset and throughout the night. Dance with your partner and enjoy the tantalizing local Goan music which is really magical.
· Another feature of
Goa is the Sunset and night cruise where you can have a ball as you are taken on a 1 hour ride into the sea with Goan troupe performing various dances and you can even join them. Feel the cool night wind as it caresses your skin and see the dark waters and the moonlight falling on them as you sit on the deck of the boat.
· If you like enjoy watching historical and architectural sites, Goa has a lot to offer like the churches – Basilica of Bom Jesus which has remains of St. Francis Xavier, Mary Immaculate conception,
Reis Magos Church, St. Anne Church and . The hindu church of St.Augustine is also another site which has importance in Goan culture. Visit the forts like temple of Shanta Durga , Terekhol Fort or the Cabo De Rama fort which are truly great monuments to visit. Fort Aguada
· Take a day off and visit one of the Wildlife Sanctuaries in Goa like Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary, Catigo Wildlife Sanctuary, Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary or the Dr.Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary for a truly ‘wild’ experience as you ride through the dense jungles and watch the different wildlife that
Goa has to offer.
· Another way to really enjoy Romantic Goa is to hire a bike which are available at various shops in Goa and go on an outing, visiting various beaches inside of Goa where you can see the traditional culture and village life of
Goa. Stop at a nearby remote beach you find on the way and enjoy a truly romantic evening watching the sunset in this remote beach all by yourself.
· Indulge in an array of mouth-watering cuisine that
Goa has to offer. It is a mixture of Indian, Mughal and Portuguese cuisine and mainly consists of fish and rice. There are also various other recipes which can be tried as you can feel the local spices and condiments that go into it make a lasting impression on your taste buds. Goa is truly a paradise for fish lovers, but one can also taste various dishes of pork, chicken and vegetarian dishes in Goa.
· If you enjoy shopping, Goa is a shoppers’ paradise with an assortment of goodies like artifacts, hammocks, spices, brassware, clothes, shells and jewellery articles made from shells or antique furniture. The weekly markets in Anjuna or Mapusa are a treat to shopping lovers. Try to take a break from your schedule and keep space for this truly exciting shopping frenzy.
· Enjoy you stay in private Resorts which are available in Goa for a truly romantic experience which offers one of the best activities to make your visit an unforgettable one by offering 5-star amenities and packages. Staying at one of these resorts close to the beaches is once-in-a-lifetime experience. They also arrange for marriages as well as honeymoon packages for you.
· If you are planning for a wild Goan experience, try to visit Goa around February or March when the whole of
Goa is in a carnival mood. This Carnival, as the carnival in Brazil, is one of the most exciting festivals of Goa. This three-day festival is an extravanza of fun, food, singing, dancing and merry-making as tourists from all over the world converge on Goa during these days and take part in various activities along with the locals. The highlight of this carnival is the king Momo who orders his subjects to enjoy the days of carnival.