WHILE MY Baking MODE IS STILL ON, I tried doing some cookies yesterday. Looks like I did a lot of cooking this year round but actually it is not so. My family and friends thought I have done a lot of cookies and baking this time round.... but little did they know that half ended up in failure and cannot be "shown" in the market. LOL... When it comes to baking, I really have lots to learn but firstly, I really must put my small oven to retirement and invest in a better one with fan or something. Sorry yeah, let me practise more first ya before they can be "legally" given away as gifts. LOL....
Alright... after all explanation said and done, here was my next experiment on butter cookies. I adapted the recipe from Ann here, I hope I have not "tarnished" her cookies. They look so perfect over there while mine ended up in odd shapes and colouring. Maybe I used different kind of brown sugar, first batch came out darker than my second batch cos of the two different kinds of sugar I have used. hmmmm... Who can tell me why...
Recipe for Berry Cookies
- 120g butter, slightly softened
- 50g caster sugar *I used brown sugar*
- 175g plain flour *I used self raising flour*
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder *I omitted this*
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract *I put lemon juice*
- 40g dried cranberries, cut to small pieces
- 40g dried blueberries *and I added in some walnuts*
- Sift plain flour and baking powder in a bowl, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar till pale and fluffy. Slowly add in beaten egg and vanilla extract, mix well followed by the plain flour and baking powder, mix well again.
- Lastly pour in the berries and fold well with a rubber spatula.
- Shape the cookie dough using a dessert spoon then using a knife to push the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake at preheated oven at 180 deg C for 20-25 minutes or till golden brown. Cool the cookies completely and store into an airtight container.