Many Maryland Wineries are ready to open for business. As might be expected because of COVID-19, certain guidelines are set in place. Keep in mind that not all wineries may currently be open, so contact any Maryland winery you may want to visit.
Adults in Maryland have been able to receive Maryland wine by delivery and purchase the beverage to go. Wine enthusiasts will be able to continue these options.
However those who enjoy visiting wineries, wine lovers will discover that in Maryland Wineries are now able to offer new options.
According to the Maryland Wineries Association the guidelines for visitors are below. Keep in mind that anyone not feeling well should stay at home.
- Wine may be purchased to enjoy in specific designated outdoor areas of the winery.
- Social distancing must be maintained at six feet between visitors, although visitors from the same household may sit together.
- The maximum number of people seated together is six.
- When inside a winery, use of face masks are necessary.
To show people that the wineries and staffs are serious about protecting people from coronavirus, below is a list of steps that each winery is taking.
- Winery must insure that social distancing of six feet is followed.
- Each open winery will not allow more than six people to set together
- Sanitation of seating and surfaces will be followed.
- Before staff begins working, each worker will have a temperature screening.
- Face masks will be worn by each staff member while with visitors or other staff members.
Wine Trail Traveler has visited many of Maryland’s wineries. Photos and reviews of the wineries and wines are available on the Wine Trail Traveler website.