Tablet presses are to turn the granular or powdery material placed in the mold hole into tablets by the punch. All kinds of equipment has its own characteristics and requirements, and tablet press is no an exception. According to the GMP standards, in terms of the design, selection and installation of pharmaceutical production equipment, tablet press has the following provisions:
(1) The design, selection and installation of the tablet press should meet the production requirements. It should be easy to clean, sterilize and disinfect. It should be convenient for production operation, maintenance and repair and prevent errors and reduce pollution.
(2) The surface of the tablet press in direct contact with the medicine should be smooth, easy to clean or disinfect, resistant to corrosion and it will not start chemical reaction with the medicine or adsorb it.
(3) Lubricants and coolants used in the equipment shall not cause any pollution to the medicines or containers.
(4) The operation of installation, maintenance and maintenance of the equipment shall not affect the quality of the product.
(5) Equipment that are flammable and explosive should be designed with explosion-proof features according to the relevant requirements or regulations.
So what kind of questions should be taken into consideration when selecting a tablet press? It is widely believed that the tablet material and the conditions of the tablets are the first things to be considered. Then the scale of the production, the output, the pressing force, the tablet diameter or other special requirements can also be taken into consideration.
Structurally, there are single punch tablet press and multi-punch rotary tablet press. In terms of press pressure, there are the ones with less than 50 Kn, from 50 – 100 Kn and over 100 Kn. In terms of rotation speed, there are medium-speed, sub-high speed and high-speed tablet presses.
When comparing the product samples and information of different tablet presses, we should pay special attention to the following technical indicators and other matters:
(1) The Maximum Tablet diameter, which determines the tablet size and affects the tablet weight.
(2) The maximum filling depth, which determines the maximum tablet weight requirements.
(3) The maximum tablet pressure, which affects the tablet hardness requirements.
(4) The maximum tablet thickness and maximum tablet diameter that determine the size of the tablet.
(5) The maximum yield, which determines the production scale. The production scale is calculated by 60% – 80% of the maximum yield in actual calculation.
(6) Mold models, which affects the future operation costs.
(7) The level of electrical configuration and automation.
(8) The timely supply of parts, which affects the continuity of the tablet production.
(9) The timeliness of customer service and service attitude etc.
With the comprehensive analysis of the above terms, the customers can easily choose the suitable tablet press for their tablet production.
This post first appeared on News In Industry:Homogenizer,Emulsifying Machine,Filling Machines, please read the originial post: here