Egg in roasted coconut gravy is a very flavorful curry recipe that pairs great as a side dish with chappathi, ghee rice, pancakes and like so. Egg is considered as one of the versatile ingredient which can be turned into delicious dishes within minutes. I prefer egg gravy than egg roast or egg masala because of its easiness. Roasted coconut with other spices gives an exotic flavor to this egg gravy. For non veggies here is your favorite recipe...Chicken in roasted coconut gravy...Hope this recipe will make your meal elegant. Do try and enjoy...
INGREDIENTSBoiled eggs - 3 nos
Onion - 2 nos, finely chopped
Tomato - 1, small, finely chopped
Green chili - 4 nos
Garlic chopped - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp + 1 tsp (in roasted gravy)
Coconut grated - 1 cup
Fennel seed - 1 tbsp
Shallots - 4 nos + 2 nos chopped for seasoning
Curry leaves - as required / few
Milk - 4 tbsp (optional , but enhances the taste)
- Dry roast half cup of grated coconut, shallots, fennel seed, curry leaves, 1 tsp coriander powder in a very low flame till it becomes crispy or golden color. Let it cool. Keep it aside.
- Now heat oil in a vessel and saute onion till golden .
- When onion is done , add garlic chopped, green chilies, and salt. Saute until the raw smell vanishes. When done, add chopped tomato.
- Saute till tomato turns mushy .
- Then add coriander powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder and salt (if required). Mix well .
- Now add the boiled eggs. Mix well in the gravy. (Before adding, you can also toss the boiled egg in a pan with less oil. This will give a nice texture to the eggs).
- Now grind together the roasted mixture along with milk and the remaining half cup of raw grated coconut to a fine paste. Add water required for grinding.
- Pour it over the prepared egg gravy and let it cook in a medium flame until the oil separates.
- Heat another pan and fry chopped shallots along with curry leaves and chopped coriander leaves.
- Pour it over the curry and serve hot ..
This post first appeared on Easy Dessert And Vegetarian Recipes | Fish Recipes - AYESHA'S KITCHEN, please read the originial post: here